Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic didnt sync and then broke

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all.

Ive had a number of fitbits over the years and loved the GPS function on the Surge when played football (Soccer for my USA counterparts).

Ive had an Ionic for about 7 months or so and now its totally dead.  My blaze before that lasted 9 months and then broke.  I had 2 or 3 surges over a 2 year straight.

Do you all have issues with fitbit or is it just me?  

With my ionic I have reset the watch done all the hardware boot thing you need to try (hold the 3 buttons let go wait and stuff)  but nothing works.

How many other uses out there have issues with fitbit?  Do fitbit have a short shelf life or do i have the worst luck ever??

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity.

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Nice to see that you're digging into the Forums @oldskoolsandhu, let me give you a warm welcome to our Community. 

Thanks for reaching out to share your feedback. I can see that you really like Fitbit products, we appreciate your loyalty over the years. About the issues that you've had with your previous devices, we might have to check with our support team to see if they have more details about what happened with them. I can request a case for you, if you need so.

In regards to the issues with your Ionic, I really appreciate the time you've taken in order to troubleshoot it. Thanks for trying to restart it. But since this didn't work, I'd recommend to check the following information: 

• Clean the contacts of your Ionic regularly. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 
  • Then try to restart your Ionic once again. How are you changing your Fitbit? We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker. Is your Ionic turning on?
  • If your Ionic is turning on, please try these syncing steps: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?
  • Take a look of these recommendations to charge your Fitbit too. 

Please let me know if your need more help. I'll be around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey Yojana.

Thanks for your message, 

Few points to answer below

Always keep the tracker clean and contacts are dirt free

Normally use my laptop to charge, and checking my USB plug a home and its a 1amp output

I have just tried a full reset again and used 2 devices to try pair the tracker.

It is a pain

Best Answer
0 Votes