Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic display won't turn on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got my ionic yesterday. Looked down today and the screen was black. Pushed buttons and nothing. Searched and found the reset procedure, back+lower right 10 seconds.... Nothing. On USB power, tried again. Nothing. Wtf? Is this really that poorly designed? Guess I have to go back to my old blaze with the glitching screen? 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @JSM9000! Thanks for already taking the time to troubleshoot this inconvenience with your Ionic's display. Nice way to go! 

While reading your post I was wondering if by any chance you stopped using your Ionic for a while or if it's a brand new tracker? If so, what I guess here is that probably your tracker ran out of battery. Have you tried charging it at least 1 hour? Even if you don't get anything on the screen I'd recommend charging your tracker at least 1 hour to see if the battery icon comes up after that period of time.

Charging fully takes up to 2 hours. While the watch charges, you can tap the screen or press any button to check the battery level. 

User-added image

If after the 1-2 hours you don't get anything on the display, check if the contacts on your tracker or charging cable are not dirty. Dust and debris can accumulate over time and prevent a charge. Try cleaning them by following these instructions.

How do you charge your buddy? Have you checked if by any chance the USB port or outlet is faulty? If you haven't done so, try a different port. A UL-certified wall charger will also work. Don't use a USB hub.

If so, plug the charging cable into the USB port on your computer or a UL-certified USB wall charger. 

Hold the other end of the charging cable near the port on the back of the watch until attaches magnetically.

I'd also try restarting your Ionic once more by following these steps

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

It was less than 24 hours old and had an almost full battery. I tried multiple chargers, but it's just dead. Period. I've already returned it for a new one. Hoping this next one doesn't die like the previous. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the update my friend @JSM9000! I'm glad to hear that a new tracker is on its way. Smiley Wink

Since you already have a Fitbit account and you're going to replace your existing Fitbit device with a new one of the same model, you’ll be asked to confirm the replacement. For instructions on how to remove a Fitbit device from your account, see How do I remove a Fitbit device from my account?

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer