Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic distance tracked displaying different on the Dashboard and app

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

If you have a look at the figures on these screen shots, there is a huge difference in the distance that I ran this morning.  The map shows that I have completed over 13 kms, the summary, says that I have only completed over 8kms. Plus based on the distance run, I would expect that I would have about 16000 steps. Can someone, preferably at Fitbit, explain why that is so.  This is the second time in the last fortnight that this sort of discrepancy has occurred.  

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 11.22.49 am.pngIMG_8190.PNGIMG_8189 3.PNG

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

@Baldrunningman Hi there. Thanks for the detailed information shared and the screenshot attached. 

While checking your screenshot, I noticed that "Run" is displayed twice, this could mean that the activity was tracked with the exercise app once as it has GPS data but the other one was manually logged. In this case, since both are logged at the same time, the data is overriding and this is why the distance is different on the main screen of your app and online Dashboard. 

You may want to delete the activity that doesn't contain GPS data then check the distance, it should correct itself after deleting the duplicate activity. 

Take into consideration that's recommended to track activities only once, learn more about it by checking this article

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
Hi ya SilviaFitbit

Thanks for your reply and your suggestions.

Firstly, if you look at my stats you will see that I have walked and run overs 20000 kms in over three and a half years. So therefore I have a pretty good idea of the number of steps that I cover for my runs around my local area. So the first indication that there was an issue was when I checked my Ionic when I got home. The second indication was when I checked the route map of the run, again in the watch, which showed that there was a huge discrepancy between the step distance/kms shown on the main screen of the app and the map showing the route in the app.

Thus I have some difficulty understanding your comment about ‘manual logging’! As far as I know I haven’t done any manual logging. And as far vas I am aware this is only the second time that I have noticed such a difference. The other time was about 6 weeks ago, and I assumed it was some sort of GPS failure.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards

Stephen
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baldrunningman Thank you for getting back. 

I appreciate the extra details shared. While checking your screenshot, I noticed that there are two "Run" activities logged on July 18th. I'm wondering if they were tracked at the same time or manually logged meaning going into your Fitbit app and log "Run" as an activity, this will override the data that was recorded by your Ionic. 

I'd like you to double check your activities for July 18th and see if there are duplicate activities that could be interfering with the distance travelled for that day. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hiya SiłviaFitbit.

Thanks again for your reply and your efforts in trying to sort out this issue.

As far as I know I haven’t manually logged any activities ever, actually up until you mentioned in your previous email I didnt realise that you could do a manual log of activities.

So I am pretty sure that I haven’t done a manual log.

Regards

Stephen
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Baldrunningman Thank you for getting back. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Facing same issue but no response from anyone and couldn't find this topic troubleshooting in any search engine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@CharlesJ1 Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the details mentioned. 

I appreciate the research performed prior to posting. If the previous information has been checked and you're still experiencing difficulties, get in touch with our Support team, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The is is resolved now, thanks for the support! Keep posting such an amazing work.

Best Answer

@CharlesJ1 Glad to hear that it's resolved. 

Have a good week. Stay safe! 

Best Answer
0 Votes