Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic does not connect to iPhone XR anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have used ionic with no flaws for more than one year. Suddenly three days ago it stopped to suncronize with my iphone xr. I have spent hours trying to fix it, and I did every single action that I have found post it by the members of this community or by fitbit officials:

- I updated the IOS software on my phone;

- I forced shut down the fitbit app;

-I removed the fitbit app from my phone and re-installed it several times;

- I have closed and open up again the bluetooth I don’t know how many times;

-I have restarted ionic tens of times;

-I went back to ionic factory settings several times;

- I shut down my phone and turn it on several times;

- I tried to connect ionic to my ipad.

All these action were made in any possible combination and order including those recommended by fitbit officials. Nothing worked! However during all these attempts I have reched some stages:

1. Before updating the IOS the fitbit app did not find the tracker;

2. After updating the IOS the app found the tracker but the tracker failed to keep the bluetooth connection;

3. The app found the tracker and apparently there was a bluetooth connection, but repeatedely failed to find the wi-fi network even the tracker was 1.5m close to router. In case the network was found it was unable to connect to it. In two cases when I succeded to connect to wi-fi network, and succesfully installed the fitbit updates, the bluetooth connection was gone, and the tracker was not able to sync or reconnect with the iphone. I was forced to start again the tracker setup.

4. the last status is that I reached the stage to introduce the 4 digit number, but repeatedly the app is saying that cannot comunicate with the tracker. I have tried again all the actions above mentioned, but again nothing worked. Ultimately, the tracker stopped generating the 4 digit number, or the number appears and dissapears from the screen so fast that I have no time to noticed which is what.

if someone has any idea wnat else I can do, please help.

P.S. Sorry for my English, it is not my native language.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi there @nsurdu61, welcome to the Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the syncing difficulties you've been having between your Ionic and your iPhone XR. I understand how you must be feeling. I appreciate your time and efforts in troubleshooting this issue prior to posting here.

At this moment, the limits of what we can do for you here on the public community forums for the issue you're experiencing have been reached, so I've contacted our Support Team on your behalf to look into this issue further and provide you with some options. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for further instructions. Note that due to recent events affecting our operations, support options are limited and wait times are longer than usual.

We hope your issue is solved soon. 

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Any update on the ionic not pairing with the App ?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have a nice day.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer