Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic does not display messages only notifies me of one. Cannot tap to open.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Cannot open text messages when tapped on ionic.

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

@JennyAnn  Tapping doesn't work. you need to swipe up from the clock screen.. Tapping probably worked a couple of times because the motion had the Ionic thinking it was a swipe up..Then it is only a precis of the message

Refer Page 33 of the Ionic manual at this link..

wrote:

Cannot open text messages when tapped on ionic.

Colin:Victoria, Australia
Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

In addition to what Colin said about swiping up to see your messages instead of tapping, once the précis of the message is displayed you should be able to then tap on it to expand and read it.

From the first sentence of page 34 of that manual:

• "On the clock, swipe up to see your notifications and tap any notification to expand it."

In my experience though, sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't....

Ron | Australia

Ionic 27.31.1.16 | Sony XZ1 (8.0.1) | Surface 3 & Lumia 950 W10/64 using Fitbit UWP
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ron3KLThe last four email/messages on the Ionic when I swiped and then tapped,

The first I received 2 more lines of basically the header..

The second message which was this message I'm replying to...  all it displayed was an extension of the message with the full URL of the web page  a total of 11 lines..

A third message, similar 11 lines and including most of the URL..

A fourth message was the full topic name for this message with the word (Fitbit Community Subscription Update) and no URL..

So the messages are all over the place with no "body text"...

wrote:

In addition to what Colin said about swiping up to see your messages instead of tapping, once the précis of the message is displayed you should be able to then tap on it to expand and read it.

From the first sentence of page 34 of that manual:

• "On the clock, swipe up to see your notifications and tap any notification to expand it."

In my experience though, sometime it works, sometimes it doesn't....

Ionic (OS 4.2.1, 27.72.1.15), Android App 3.45.1, Premium, Phone Sony Xperia XA2, Android 9.0
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hmm, so that would explain why sometimes the expanded display appears to work and at others times not.

So for example a multiple line SMS from my spouse appears in full, while as you say, the full text of an email does not. I hadn't noticed the 11 line restriction, which is interesting. I wonder if this means that notification length is restricted by Bluetooth. On my Android Wear watch I believe long messages use WiFi instead through the use of purpose specific apps.

Ron | Australia

Ionic 27.31.1.16 | Sony XZ1 (8.0.1) | Surface 3 & Lumia 950 W10/64 using Fitbit UWP
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Ron3KL To add to my previous post, you tap the message a second time and the message reverts to the received size, three lines. Tap again and it toggles to the larger  size. Sleep for me now

wrote:

Hmm, so that would explain why sometimes the expanded display appears to work and at others times not.

So for example a multiple line SMS from my spouse appears in full, while as you say, the full text of an email does not. I hadn't noticed the 11 line restriction, which is interesting. I wonder if this means that notification length is restricted by Bluetooth. On my Android Wear watch I believe long messages use WiFi instead through the use of purpose specific apps.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is happening to me as well. I honestly didn't realize messages were supposed to be more then a few words of the header.

If I swipe up and click on any notification, email or txt, it never expands the body. The most I ever see is 5-6 words. It'll expand the senders name but nothing else.

Best Answer
0 Votes