Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom stats not saving

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After the new OS update, I am unable to save my custom stats. I like to view particular things when I run, bike, etc. I work out 2-4 times a day, and it is frustrating to have to reset these before every single exercise. Anyone know what is going on with it?

Best Answer
244 REPLIES 244

This one is a possible bug in OS 2. When you set your preferences, let's say in the run section and you uncheck items you don't want to see on your watch during the run, or what you want to see in the upper or lower part, you expect it to stay like that until you want to change them again. Well, that was the case until the new update. Now, as soon as you synchronize your watch with the Fitbit App all those preferences are gone and you have to do it all over again. 

Best Answer

Can please somebody ( on OS 2 ) try and tell me if you experience the same thing? Again, go in the exercise app, choose one exercise, click on the wheel in the upper left corner, then customize stats, middle stat and uncheck some items. Exit and synch with your phone. Go back and check if your unchecked items are still unchecked.  Thanks!

Best Answer

Mine has the same issue. Man Mad

fitbit Sense
T-Mo Sammy S21 Ultra Running Android OS 11
Best Answer

Thanks @IamDefiler Hopefully the fitbit egineers will correct this issue soon...

Best Answer

@joannabeckeswrote:

After the new OS update, I am unable to save my custom stats. I like to view particular things when I run, bike, etc. I work out 2-4 times a day, and it is frustrating to have to reset these before every single exercise. Anyone know what is going on with it?

I’m not understanding what you mean.Could you clarify?

“Just keep swimming,Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming”- Dory
If you find my answers helpful, Vote for them and accept them as the Solution!
Ionic | Charge 2 | iPad 2017 running iOS 12.1.2 Beta
Best Answer

Experiencing the same post OS2 update. When you start the exercise app, let’s say for example you have automatic lap notifications on at .5 miles. You go to running app settings , change it to 1 miles , then start you run. When you end that run and the next day you start a new run, the lap notification gets reset to .5 miles. This also applies to all the custom stats in the middle stat line. Annoying to have to select my custom stats prior to each run and also the lap notifications back to 1 miles from .5

Best Answer

Exact same thing happening to me too!  Super annoying and very frustrating.  I like specific stats when I workout and it seems that after every sync, the stats just revert back to factory settings.  I need to redo and repeat the same motions before every workout. This all started after the last software update.  I REALLY hope they fix this one soon.  Also, where are those custom Coach workouts on the watch for paying customers?  That seemed to flame out pretty quickly too 

Best Answer

Yep, same issue. Very frustrating

Best Answer

Same issue.  Please fix.

Best Answer

I'm also having the same issue. I contacted the support chat line about it, and they said that the developers are working on resolving it. Who knows where in the process they are though. It's very frustrating to have to reset the display settings each time I use the run function of my watch.

Best Answer

Hello everyone! Thanks for reporting this situation with the Exercise App settings on Ionic.

Currently, this is being investigated. Our team has received the feedback from everyone in this thread and is working to investigate these reports further. I will share updates from the team when I hear them. Thanks to everyone for your reports and understanding. 

Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Same, I just adjusted my customize stats for run, synced to the app, then checked customize stats again and they reverted back to default.

Best Answer

I've pinpointed the reset in custom stats occurring as soon as the watch syncs with the Fitbit app on the phone. For example you can run back to back runs (keeping phone away) with stats you selected but when I get home and manual sync, the custom stats get reset. 

The interval notifications does stick, but that's adjustable via the Fitbit dashboard so I think it's something where it syncs, and since you can't change custom stats on the dashboard, I think it resets to default pre OS2.

@BMS_01 wrote:

Good point. My issue was with GPS being enabled by default, and that is configurable in the app. I guess I didn't realize the stats were an issue, as well.

Best Answer

I just verified bindroid's observations.  I have been having similar problems with OS2 and reported to Fitbit via other channels but I had not observed that the sync was the culprit.

Best Answer

Same with the FitBit Versa. Does not save Custom Stats. So glad I'm not the only one this is happening to. Obviously isn't right. 

Best Answer

Exact same issue with my Versa. Noticed my custom stats resetting yesterday. Figured out today that my custom stats seem to be saved until i open the app and my device syncs. After the sync, automatic or manual it doesn't matter, the custom stats reset to factory defaults. Very frustrating.

Best Answer

Yup, Same issue.  Cant wait for this to be fixed.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

This also seems to be a problem with the Versa.  I bought one for my mom and one for my daughter...both are experiencing the custom exercise stats disappear after they sync to the app and it reverts back to the settings the trackers came with.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Exact same thing is happening to me as well!  Super annoying and very frustrating.  I like specific stats when I workout and after every sync the stats are just reverting back to the factory settings.  I need to re-set up the stats before every workout. This all started with the last software update.  The developer who thought this was a good idea should be tarred & feathered.  The fact that you haven’t been able to correct it in over a month is also extremely disappointing.  

Best Answer