Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic does not show any readings for heart rate, steps, floors

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried all the suggested restarts

Clock face - Several times

Reset

On/Off  - Several times

Firmware

So at a loss how to get these working again - Any other bright ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Mine is doing the same and have tried everything as well an still have no clue.

Best Answer

@Altai13 Hi there. Thanks for the troubleshooting performed prior to posting. 

I was able to see in this post that you were able to contact our Support team, please follow their instructions. 

@Kstoerck Welcome to the Fitbit Community. Thanks for the troubleshooting performed. 

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Hope this helps. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

HI Silvia

Just been advised by your consultant to take the watch to a recycling plant!

Not what I expected after spending that sort of money on the watch.

The other said about warranty - without even trouble shooting! And I could have told Karen Tatiana that the watch was out of warranty if she had bothered to ask!

Have to say disappointed all round!

Altai13

Best Answer

@Altai13 Thank you for getting back. 

Sorry to hear that you had this experience with our Support team, your feedback is appreciated as this helps us to continue improving. Be sure that your comments won't be unnoticed. 

Our team and Moderators on the forums provide troubleshooting that could fix the issue you're experiencing. After this, they provide the options available based in the Fitbit Warranty. If you have any additional questions, you could reply back, they'll be happy to continue assisting you. 

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Dear Silvia

I have been reading the forums and to be perfectly honest - There are loads and loads of people with the same problem I have had

Seems something like your software is up the swanny.... 

Dont be surprised if many people switch from Fitbit to something like Garmin as I have heard at least they resolve problems.

Do these faults actually get relayed to the programmers... From what I have read on the forums - seems not! 

Disgusted with Fitbit - So I will certainly be looking around for an alternative..

Altai13

Best Answer

Hi Altai13,

I have also tried the same suggested restarts with exactly the same result.

This is the 3rd Fitbit Ionic I purchase, the first one new, the other two on eBay.

FitBit #1 purchased new, died after 14 Months, dead as a door nail.

FitBit #2 purchased on eBay, started acting up. A white and orange glow around the perimeter of the watch appeared, charging works, however, then

then the time, calories, steps, and heart rate statistics started to fade, then these values, although remaining the same, began jumping

around making it impossible to read sometime disappearing just as fast as they appeared. Pairing still worked so I could upload values to

the FitBit app.

FitBit #3 also purchased on eBay, I updated the FitBit app on Android 10 ( Huawei P20 Pro) to version 3.43.1 and updated to firmware version

27.72.1.9.   Apparently the latest version of the FitBit OS for Ionic is 4.2.2 .  It is not clear to me What the relationship between the FitBit OS

(Operating System) and firmware version is. I just assume that certain FitBit OSs work best with certain firmware versions, however, I have

been unable to find this information.

In any case, after the upgrade to the latest firmware version 27.72.1.9 on FitBit #3, the heartrate monitor does not display any values. The telltale

green light which apparently lights up every 5 seconds to monitor my pulse never activates.

It would be helpful if products were reliable and worked all the time as one would expect. However, as a software engineer, I know and understand how hardware and software can be finicky. There are myriads of combinations of phones, FitBit OS, WiFi routers, etc. It is nearly impossible ( ok, it is impossible) to test all variants of phones, versions, apps, firmware, to ensure that everything works ALL the time.

Nevertheless, as someone who has undergone open heart surgery to replace my aortic valve, (knock on wood everything went well, but this is no walk in the park in case you want to know) because of a birth defect, knowing my heart rate and sleeping pattern and oxygen saturation values are important to me.

I like the Ionic's design, yes, I am old school, but unless someone can/is willing to help me to get the heart rate monitor on my 3rd Ionic working soon,  I will be shopping around for something easier to maintain, more reliable, and with a much longer guarantee/warranty period. 🙂

I am unfortunately extremely disappointed with my FitBit Ionic experiences.   

Best Answer

Same for me : it hasn’t been tracking since the 16th or so (had to charge mine to open it back up, but since it’s been fully charged , my tracker doesn’t track anything anymore).

The watch still turns on and I can access all the other menus and stuff, but the tracker still doesn’t work. Disappointed too because I love my Ionic Adidas Edition, but this… is UGH.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Altai13 Thank you for the research done. Sorry to see you go, be sure that our team implements and improve features based in user's feedback. 

@Claude.Berlin and @Recca79  Hi there. Thank you for sharing your experience with Fitbit Ionic. The troubleshooting performed is appreciated. 

I see where your disappointment is coming from. Your loyalty to Fitbit is truly appreciated. Let's try restarting your Ionic and continue monitoring its functionality. 

Hope this helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes