Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic doesn't sync to laptop or iPhone

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi.  I get a 'lost connection' consistently on my laptop and on my iphone it just says 'synching' . This has been going on for 2 days.  What is going on??

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Sure thing @lablover55Smiley Very Happy When you pair Flyer to a new device, it is stored in Flyer's memory. When you turn on Flyer, the headphones automatically look for the device and attempt to connect to it. Flyer can store up to 8 devices in its memory. If Flyer already has 8 devices in its memory and you pair a new device, Flyer forgets the first device you paired.

You can connect 2 devices to Flyer at the same time. Listen to audio or receive phone calls from either connected device. When you turn on Flyer, an audio notification informs you how many devices are currently connected.

To switch between two connected devices:

1. Pause the audio or end the call on your first device.
  2. Play the audio or answer the call on your second device.

To manually switch between two connected devices:

1. Open the Bluetooth menu on the device you want to use.
  2. Select Flyer from the list of connected devices.

If you're having difficulty connecting Fitbit Flyer to a device, first make sure the following requirements are met:

1. Flyer must be near your device.
  2. Both the device and Flyer must be powered on. If you're unsure if Flyer is on, see About Fitbit Flyer.
  3. Your device must be Bluetooth-enabled and Bluetooth must be turned on. Some devices disable Bluetooth when low on power, so make sure your device is fully charged.
  4. Flyer must be paired to the device before you can listen to audio. If you're unsure if Flyer is paired to the device, open the Bluetooth menu on your device and check if Flyer is listed. 
  5. Flyer can connect to two devices at the same time. If two devices are already connected, try temporarily disabling Bluetooth on one of the connected devices, then turn Flyer off and back on.

If you still can't connect Flyer to your device, try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Open the Bluetooth menu on your device and find Flyer in the list of devices. Tap or click Flyer in this list while the headphones are powered on.
  2. If the device still fails to connect to Flyer, tap or click to forget Flyer on your device so the headphones no longer appear in the Bluetooth menu.
  3. Put Flyer in pairing mode by holding the Power button for 4 seconds when turning it on.
  4. Open the Bluetooth menu on your device and select Flyer.
  5. If the pairing process didn't work, restart both your device and Flyer, and re-attempt steps 3 and 4.
  6. If the devices seem to connect, but no audio is coming through, press the Up button on Flyer to turn the volume up while music or other audio is playing. Flyer may be muted.

Give this a shot and let me know if that works! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

Hey there @lablover55, it's nice to see you around the forums! What's the main device you use to sync? 

Syncing difficulty is usually caused by a missing requirement. Verify each requirement before moving on to the troubleshooting steps.

If your device still won't sync, try these steps:

1. Force quit the Fitbit app. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  2. Go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn Bluetooth off and back on.
  3. Open the Fitbit app.
  4. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart your iPhone. For instructions see the Apple help article.
  5. Open the Fitbit app.
  6. If your Fitbit device didn't sync, restart it.
  7. If your Fitbit device still doesn’t sync, remove all other Fitbit devices from your account and from the list of connected Bluetooth devices on your iPhone and try to sync.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
It is not just the iPhone, but my laptop as well.  Latest update.
Best Answer

Thanks for getting back @lablover55! Are you using both at the same time? I mean, your laptop and iPhone? Is your laptop running Windows 10 or is it a Mac? 

Please go to your phone and laptop's Bluetooth settings and remove the tracker from there. Once you've made sure about that your Ionic is no longer paired to neither your iPhone nor laptop, go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device. Smiley Very Happy 

However, as I said before, please use either your iPhone or laptop to do this procedure. Do not use both together since this may cause interruptions and you may not be able to setup or sync your tracker. 

I'm posting an image below of where you need to disconnect the Ionic, the option should say  "Forget this Device". 

Bluetoothsettingss.png

Forgetthisdevice.png

Let me know if after repairing your tracker you are no longer having issues syncing your tracker!  

Best Answer

When I do sync, it is one at a time.  Until last week, I was synching via wireless (via my laptop) with no issues.  Today, I turned on Bluetooth on my laptop and was finally able to sync after 3 to 4 days of losing the connection.  I also turned off the Ionic and retried on my iPhone and was finally able to sync.  Was it the update that screwed things up?

Best Answer

Maria

Are you saying here that for the Ionic to sync that your phone's Bluetooth setting needs to not have any other Bluetooth connections in memory?

Basically for the Ionic to sync with my phone I need to delete my Bluetooth connection in my car and my phone cannot be used in my car any more in order to use the fitbit with my phone?

Best Answer

@lablover55 wrote:

When I do sync, it is one at a time.  Until last week, I was synching via wireless (via my laptop) with no issues.  Today, I turned on Bluetooth on my laptop and was finally able to sync after 3 to 4 days of losing the connection.  I also turned off the Ionic and retried on my iPhone and was finally able to sync.  Was it the update that screwed things up?

Glad you got it working again!

Sometimes, without rhyme or reason, Fitbit does cause your tracker to not sync.  That happened with my Alta HR for about a month.  Now if it won't sync after several attempts, I set it up as a new device.

Kristen | USA Cruising through the Lifestyle Forums

one cruise ship at a time!
Best Answer

I'm glad to hear that you're back on track @lablover55Woman Very Happy Well, I don't think it was the update that caused this issue. I experience syncing issues when the Bluetooth is on, on my Mac and iPhone, so that's why I only use one device to sync in case I have both in hand. For that reason I was wondering if you were trying to sync with your laptop and phone at the same time. 

Thanks for jumping up here @beachbrum! If your phone is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:

• Your Fitbit device might stop syncing or stop receiving notifications.
  • You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.

These interruptions are typically caused by operating system and Bluetooth limitations. It's also possible that an app on your phone is causing the issue. Have you tried the steps I've posted here?

Hey my friend @DramaQueenDiva, thanks for sharing a tip that has worked for you when you face a syncing issue. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Best Answer

You receive a different error message when Bluetooth is turned on with the iPhone and  the laptop.  Previously, I was synching the ionic with wifi. 

Best Answer

Now, you can help with my flyer issues not able to sync or download music. LOL

Best Answer

Sure thing @lablover55Smiley Very Happy When you pair Flyer to a new device, it is stored in Flyer's memory. When you turn on Flyer, the headphones automatically look for the device and attempt to connect to it. Flyer can store up to 8 devices in its memory. If Flyer already has 8 devices in its memory and you pair a new device, Flyer forgets the first device you paired.

You can connect 2 devices to Flyer at the same time. Listen to audio or receive phone calls from either connected device. When you turn on Flyer, an audio notification informs you how many devices are currently connected.

To switch between two connected devices:

1. Pause the audio or end the call on your first device.
  2. Play the audio or answer the call on your second device.

To manually switch between two connected devices:

1. Open the Bluetooth menu on the device you want to use.
  2. Select Flyer from the list of connected devices.

If you're having difficulty connecting Fitbit Flyer to a device, first make sure the following requirements are met:

1. Flyer must be near your device.
  2. Both the device and Flyer must be powered on. If you're unsure if Flyer is on, see About Fitbit Flyer.
  3. Your device must be Bluetooth-enabled and Bluetooth must be turned on. Some devices disable Bluetooth when low on power, so make sure your device is fully charged.
  4. Flyer must be paired to the device before you can listen to audio. If you're unsure if Flyer is paired to the device, open the Bluetooth menu on your device and check if Flyer is listed. 
  5. Flyer can connect to two devices at the same time. If two devices are already connected, try temporarily disabling Bluetooth on one of the connected devices, then turn Flyer off and back on.

If you still can't connect Flyer to your device, try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Open the Bluetooth menu on your device and find Flyer in the list of devices. Tap or click Flyer in this list while the headphones are powered on.
  2. If the device still fails to connect to Flyer, tap or click to forget Flyer on your device so the headphones no longer appear in the Bluetooth menu.
  3. Put Flyer in pairing mode by holding the Power button for 4 seconds when turning it on.
  4. Open the Bluetooth menu on your device and select Flyer.
  5. If the pairing process didn't work, restart both your device and Flyer, and re-attempt steps 3 and 4.
  6. If the devices seem to connect, but no audio is coming through, press the Up button on Flyer to turn the volume up while music or other audio is playing. Flyer may be muted.

Give this a shot and let me know if that works! 

Best Answer