Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic doesn't turn on when I raise my wrist

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When i lift my arm up the screen does not turn on. Stopped working a few days ago. Have tried restarting but still doesn't work. Comes on when i push a button or touch the screen.

Moderator edit: format. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

You probably have 'Screen Wake' turned off.  If it's not that, then you are in 'Sleep Mode'.  Both can be access in 'Quick Settings'.  If you can't find that, they are also available in full 'Settings'.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Shamuthedog and thank for your comments @JohnnyRow. Thanks for reporting that your Ionic  doesn`t turn ON when you raise your wrist and that you have already restarted your watch @Shamuthedog.

As @JohnnyRow mentioned, screen wake setting must be OFF or your watch is on Sleep mode. I have noticed that screen wake is off. 

If the previous options don´t solve your inquiry, the best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Any chance someone could walk me through finding this setting. When I swipe left my options are exercise, music, alarms, coach, relax, weather, timers, wallet, settings, tips, Pandora, strata, Starbucks, and deezer. When I select settings the options are brightness, backlight delay, vibrations, heart rate, notifications, blue tooth connection options, and about. What am I doing wrong? I don’t see anything about sleep or wake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for sharing your inquiry @Shamuthedog

When you set screen wake to Auto (Motion), the screen turns on each time you turn your wrist. Screen wake should be on Ionic's quick settings: wipe down from the top of your watch screen, and tap the quick settings icon to access screen wake. 

When the sleep mode setting is on: l Notifications don't cause the watch to vibrate or the screen to turn on. l The screen's brightness is set to dim.
l Turning your wrist won't cause the watch's screen to turn on. l You see a Sleep Mode icon at the top of the screen when you swipe up to see your stats.

Sleep mode doesn't automatically turn off unless you set a sleep mode schedule. To schedule sleep mode to automatically turn on during certain hours, open the Settings app and tap Sleep Mode > Schedule. Sleep mode automatically turns off at the time you schedule, even if you manually turned it on.

You can't turn on do not disturb and sleep mode at the same time. You'll find a sleep mode icon with a moon.

I hope this information helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I appreciate the reply but I’m clearly not identifying the issue properly or my Fitbit has more issues. When I swipe down there is no quick settings icon. It simply says “Nothing new here. You’re all caught up!”

When I swipe to the side and find the “settings” icon there is nothing about sleep or wake as stated in my previous post

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and know how frustrating this could be @Shamuthedog. I followed user's manual instructions but they were changed. 

Could you please confirm that you have tried these steps:

Swipe down from the top of your screen. After your notifications appear, swipe down again to open the control center. Tap the quick settings icon and you can find DND, Screen wake and brightness. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

As stated previously, when I swipe down there is no settings option. Whether I swipe 2  times or 10 times 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for the clarification @Shamuthedog.

Since you have tried advised steps I would recommend removing your Ionic from your phone's Bluetooth and pair it as a replacement device following the instructions of help article: How do I set up a replacement device or add a second device to my account?

Best Answer

Is this a new device you just set up?  I'm not sure if it would affect this, but for some devices you have to wait a few days for a firmware update to get all options available.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

No- I’ve had it for a couple of years now. Just stopped working 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Shamuthedog wrote:

No- I’ve had it for a couple of years now. Just stopped working 

Have you ever accessed the Quick Settings menu before?  Wondering if that option disappeared or if you just haven't used it.

Likewise for some of the Settings that seem to be missing - if you recall if you have ever used them and they are just now gone, or if you just never had occasion to notice them?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I don’t recall ever having used them

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us @Shamuthedog.

The best way to get help for this problem is to chat with us online or give us a call. Click here to get connected.

Best Answer

Hold left button for a couple seconds on watch, choose “auto” for Screen Awake.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community and thank you for your advise @UcallTHATsupprt

These are the steps to make screen wake work.

Best Answer