Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic failing to connect to galaxy s9

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello looking for some advice please. 

My fitbit ionic has always worked with my s9 no issues. On 4th of April 2019 it stopped syncing for some reason. 

I couldn't get it to connect so u installed the lot and reinstalled. Now my phone won't connect to the ionic. It will find it but will not progress past the entering of the 4 digit code. 

I have tried every self help that these forums have and no result. 

Anyone else experienced this can offer advice please? 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Worked for me too  I cleared the cash on my s9 following online advice and turned watch off following your own. Seems to have figured it. 

Top stuff cheers 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

My Ionic stopped syncing after two days then synced and now it's been another 2 days.  It is also stuck on mountain time as I've been traveling. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mi ionic stopp sync with samsung S10, I had the same problem with my iPhone, I'm very disappointed with my Ionic, I used to have a Blaze and I've never had any problems, I bought this ionic in december and it's only been problems!!! 

Best Answer

My s9 did the same thing on the same day after the phone went through a software update. Still can't get it to work. The Verizon staff didn't know how to make it work either.

Best Answer

I have the exact same problem.  Stopped syncing on the 4th April and I have a Samsung S9! Any help greatly appreciated 

Best Answer
I just solved the problem an hour ago. I found out how to turn my watch off and turned it back on and hit the sync and it worked. Receiving all my alerts to my watch.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer
Thank you, mine's working now too
Best Answer
Great Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

Worked for me too  I cleared the cash on my s9 following online advice and turned watch off following your own. Seems to have figured it. 

Top stuff cheers 

Best Answer

Try turning your watch off then on and attempt to sync, that worked for me.

Best Answer
Yes thanks I did that yesterday and it worked. So simple it was the last thing I thought of.Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone
Best Answer

I have tried clearing the cache on my S9 as well as turning my ionic off and back on and I am not receiving any phone or text notifications. Yesterday was my first day owning an Ionic. 

Best Answer

I found the cache thing worked for me. 

Try completely unpairing your ionic and then uninstall the app and everything. 

Reinstall clear the cache again and turn the device off and on. It did take 2 attempts for me too. 

I think there may be some issue following the update on Samsung 04/04/2019 so maybe there is a software patch coming 

Best Answer

I've an S9+ and mine wont sync either, getting less impressed with the Ionic every day.. 

Best Answer

Same here, I never had any problems with my Blaze, but with this Ionic I had problems from day 1!!!! 

Best Answer

Mine has just reconnected after 12 hours, it's quite random I had given up on it. I would reinstalled all the software later today if it hadn't connected. I'm not impressed at all, I won't be buying another this year, time for a brand that's more reliable.😁

Best Answer
It worked after uninstalling and re-installing o'n the phone.   I also had to unpair in bluetooth and pair as part of the new install. 

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer

Thanks for taking a break from stepping @BeckyT, welcome to the Forums. Nice to see you here guys, thanks for sharing the syncing steps that worked for you @Dan2387 @Eugene3 @Mrs.A @McNamara7683 and @Jemartinmi Sorry for the delay.

@SunsetRunner and @Tez28 If you keep having syncing issues with your Galaxy S9 please try the steps suggested in this article: Why won't my Fitbit device sync?

@BeckyT You can try the next steps to troubleshoot the issue you're having with your messages: 

Requirements:

• The phone must be bonded with their device
  • Bluetooth service must be turned on
  • For Android phones: to help improve the delivery, go to Notifications and make sure Enable Notification Widget is on.
  • If you recently updated the Fitbit app, reboot your mobile device and try setting up notifications again.
  • Make sure the Do Not Disturb setting on your mobile device is turned off because it prevents the device from sending notifications to your device.

If you aren't receiving notifications, try these steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth. 
2. Force quit the Fitbit app.
3. Turn on Bluetooth.
4. Open the Fitbit app, which will initiate a sync with your device. After syncing, you should receive notifications.

If these steps didn’t work, try restarting your device and then turning notifications off and back on:

1. Restart your device. 
2. Turn off notifications: In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications. Tap the three dots in the top right and choose Disable Notifications.
3. Reboot your mobile device.
4. In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications > turn on the notifications you want to receive.

If you're still not receiving notifications, set up notifications again:

1. Disconnect ("unpair") your device in your mobile device's Bluetooth settings. The instructions differ by device, but in most cases: Tap Settings > Bluetooth and find your tracker in the list of paired devices.
2. Open the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), Tap Forget or Forget Device to unpair your device.
3. Reboot your mobile device.
4. In the Fitbit app under Account (upper right corner), tap Notifications > turn on the notifications you want to receive.

In case of having an Android phone, also check your phone Permissions and leave location on to keep syncing with your phone, for more info check those suggestions from @ErickFitbitSmiley Wink

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes