Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic features

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

G'day peoples,

I came here to ask for a feature request, but I spotted another thread that upset me, as it discussed the end of life for my favorite watch, and it's replacement with a feminine watch. But I thought I would still ask the question in the hope that Fitbit would see the light, and give us a masculine version for the men out there.

I have been suffering from chronic pain, and chronic depression, and I have a need to track my health, or at least my fitness. I really don't need to track my fitness like an athlete would, as thanks to a workplace injury, I won't be free from pain, and have retired from the workforce, as the injury is permanent.

One of the exercises is cycling, but I'm not able to hit the road on a bike. I do have a recumbent exercise bike, that can be set to ride up, and down hills, amongst a few other things. Unfortunately there's no option to track an exercise bike. Can you mob add the option to track an exercise bike please?  If not, then in other watches, (fingers crossed) Ionic 2.

Also, I find that the workouts available are more suited to people who are fitter than I am, and I assume that I'm not the only one who has a need for gentler exercises. For example:  yesterday I went to the pool, which has a pool dedicated for therapy uses, and I used my Fitbit to monitor swimming, but the options are limited to proper swims, as opposed to a shorter lap, and even walking in the water. The result was the my Ionic reported that I had swam 200m in ten laps. Sure, I did ten laps, but a lap is shorter than 20m in that pool, but the limit in the settings is 20m. I would like to be able to set the lap to 10m, or less.

When walking, I use a walking stick for short distances, and a walker with a seat for longer distances, and I would often stop for a rest, when the pain got too bad.

Maybe consult an occupational therapist to help improve the exercises. There's a whole market out there if you could offer the options for people with injuries, and/or disabilities.

Cheers...

Gone from a Blaze to Ionic, and I'm happy so far, although I wish I could remove the apps I won't use.Hooked up to my Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus, but I wish I was still using my my BlackBerry Passport as that's a much better phone.
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@StevenDon64   I agree with you about the look of the Ionic. But I don't think the Sense/Versa 3 are especially feminine.  My husband's first Fitbit was a Blaze.  He upgraded to an Ionic, then to a Sense.   He specifically wanted the ECG feature.  He has never complained about a feminine look.  His is all black.

The Spinning exercise shortcut is the one to use for any indoor exercise bike.  When people think of spinning, they imagine something straight out of a Peloton ad.  But it it the choice for any indoor bike.  I hope this helps.

I don't have any advice for your pool length issue.  The way to make a request to Fitbit is to start or add on to an existing Feature Suggestion.  I'm not sure it will go anywhere.  Fitbit just doesn't seem inclined to change the exercise shortcuts.

I'm very sorry that your injury has left you disabled.  I think all companies that make fitness trackers are ignoring your needs.  I like your idea about consulting a therapist for targeted exercises.

You should be able to remove at least some of the apps that you don't use.  Tap on your profile picture, then the image of your Ionic.  Tap on the Gallery tile.  Keep the toggle on Ionic.  Swipe up to see the apps on your Ionic.  You can uninstall some, but not all of the apps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@StevenDon64   I agree with you about the look of the Ionic. But I don't think the Sense/Versa 3 are especially feminine.  My husband's first Fitbit was a Blaze.  He upgraded to an Ionic, then to a Sense.   He specifically wanted the ECG feature.  He has never complained about a feminine look.  His is all black.

The Spinning exercise shortcut is the one to use for any indoor exercise bike.  When people think of spinning, they imagine something straight out of a Peloton ad.  But it it the choice for any indoor bike.  I hope this helps.

I don't have any advice for your pool length issue.  The way to make a request to Fitbit is to start or add on to an existing Feature Suggestion.  I'm not sure it will go anywhere.  Fitbit just doesn't seem inclined to change the exercise shortcuts.

I'm very sorry that your injury has left you disabled.  I think all companies that make fitness trackers are ignoring your needs.  I like your idea about consulting a therapist for targeted exercises.

You should be able to remove at least some of the apps that you don't use.  Tap on your profile picture, then the image of your Ionic.  Tap on the Gallery tile.  Keep the toggle on Ionic.  Swipe up to see the apps on your Ionic.  You can uninstall some, but not all of the apps.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer