Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic firmware update and warranty feedback

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

FYI started required update and ionic and device never to be used again. Was working fine until I did required update. Fitbit says out of luck no warranty even it was fine before their recommendation to update and somehow became dysfunctional. Offering 35% discount. So this is how they get you to buy another one. No thank you. Beware of this happening to you.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@River-rat Welcome to our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear about the issue that your Fitbit Ionic experienced. I'm also sorry to hear that it's no longer under the warranty period. The warranty period is good for 365 days, starting from the date of the first setup.

I totally understand how you feel about this and I appreciate your feedback since this helps us to keep improving.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

AGREED! Such nonsense... my watch was also fine until the required update. Really upsetting. As well as their response back to you. I called the helpline and it was like their customer service already knew this was a problem. They never tried to trouble shoot, just sent a message to their warranty department, and BOOM there was my coupon. 

Best Answer

@alcoway Thank you for joining us in this thread and our Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear about the issue that your Fitbit device experienced. I definitely understand how you feel and your feedback is greatly appreciated.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes