Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic frozen after Factory Reset

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic battery was draining, and then the it wouldn’t swipe after I did the factory reset. I have done the factory reset again, and after setup it is still frozen on the “Quick Tips” / Start screen, and it does nothing when i press the Start on the screen. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Welcome to the Community forums @SolangeD! I'm sorry to hear that your Ionic's display is frozen. I appreciate the details you provided and the steps you followed trying to find a solution. Please note that we do not recommend doing the factory reset unless customer support advises it. On the other hand I will like to recommend you to restart your Fitbit, if this doesn't work delete the Ionic from your account and set it up again. Let me know how it goes! Woman Happy

@johneric8 thanks for sharing your thoughts on this matter. 

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

The ionic fails prematurely unfortunately and they only stand behind 12 months. They usually only last 6 months or so.

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community forums @SolangeD! I'm sorry to hear that your Ionic's display is frozen. I appreciate the details you provided and the steps you followed trying to find a solution. Please note that we do not recommend doing the factory reset unless customer support advises it. On the other hand I will like to recommend you to restart your Fitbit, if this doesn't work delete the Ionic from your account and set it up again. Let me know how it goes! Woman Happy

@johneric8 thanks for sharing your thoughts on this matter. 

Do not hesitate to contact me if you need anything else. Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, I did the re-set and removed the ionic from my profile, then
re-installed and it still is frozen on the regular screen. Please advise!

Hi, I did the reset and removed ionic from the app then reconnected and it still doesn’t hold charge for more than an 8-hour period, and it still doesn’t swipe from screen to screen.

help!

Hi! It is now completely dead and will not charge!

Moderator edit: merged replies

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SolangeD Thank you for getting back and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution.

You should receive an email from them soon.

Let me know if you have any doubts! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes

I read this and have a similar issue that my Ionic was trying to do update. Failed. Now completely frozen. Have tried at least 5x 2 button and 3 button resets. Always back to the same logo screen. Tried rebooting phone disconnecting BT Wifi, cannot reconnect because frozen. Disconnected device from account. Nothing... No way to chat with customer support. Please help.

Thx

Best Answer
0 Votes

... and phone is Pixel 2 , not Apple.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bro88 Welcome to the Community. Thanks for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting tried. 

We have many channels of communication, you can contact us via Calls, Chat, Email, Twitter or here. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already have a case with them, please continue the communication through email, they will continue assisting you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional question. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have this problem too. The touch screen is frozen. I can double tap it to turn it on but cannot do anything else. I have restarted it a hundred times and it used to work for a short time but now won’t work at all. I have changed the clock face, removed the device and set it up again, performed an update, restarted my phone, turned Bluetooth off and on and done a factory rest, all with no success. It also loses the Bluetooth connection to my iPhone 8+ regularly and won’t sync. Now I can’t use fitbit pay (one of the main reasons I bought this model before the verse came out) or even turn do not disturb on so I have to take it off at night otherwise the screen wakes up and wakes me up! It is now just a very expensive watch with no other features. I am so angry you only get a 12 month warranty with crap support (yes I’ve read numerous threads with no real suggestion other than to turn your fitbit off. Bit hard to do that when the screen is frozen and you can’t get to the settings to turn it off like they suggest). I have always worn a Fitbit but the ionic is clearly flawed. I am now going to buy the Apple Watch 5 and will never go back to fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@ckriddle06 It's nice to see you on the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for taking the time to share what you experienced with your Ionic. I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I see where you're coming from. I've shared your post with our Support team and they've mentioned you already contacted them, please continue the communication through email. Each case is reviewed individually and the option provided is based in the Fitbit Warranty

I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
My problem was dealt with by the support team some time ago.

Kathryn Riddle
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @ckriddle06, due to the recent events, I apologize for the delayed response.

I'm so glad to hear that our Support team took care of your case. Thank you for posting the update here.

As a side note, I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Hope to see you in our Fitbit Community more often.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes