Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic going crazy...Massive Steps recorded 1 minute

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Iconic FB screwed up twice this past week.  Mon. while I was sitting at my desk.  All of a sudden it buzzed telling me that I'm an over achiever by some ungodly amount.  I looked at my steps and it was 33k over what it should have been.  I went online and drilled down to my daily steps and 33k steps were recorded in 1 minute!  I called tech support and described what happened and they told me to do a complete factory restart.  I did it that night but on Weds. It did the same thing.  It recorded 39k in 1 minute!  Called tech support and they said they understood my issue but I doubt it because he kept telling me about which wrist I wear my FB etc.  I kept telling him these phantom steps are recorded in 1 MINUTE!  Anyway,  has anyone else experienced this? Or, does anyone know how I can go and edit these day?  I'd like to back out the fake step because it messes up with all my graphs.  Thank, Sal

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi Sal!

You can enter a driving record to get rid of them

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-delete-data

But I would also get back with support as it should not keep doing it and it sounds like its faulty device

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

Hi Sal!

You can enter a driving record to get rid of them

https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/Can-I-delete-data

But I would also get back with support as it should not keep doing it and it sounds like its faulty device

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thanks Wendy!  I was able to delete the phantom steps using my phone.  I tried on the desktop but it didn't work.  I have a case # with FB support and will call them again if it happens again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same thing happened to mine tonight.  I got an alert I was an overachiever by 3000 steps which for me was around 17000 steps.  10 Minutes later I get an alert I received some award for 55,000 steps.  So in 10 minutes it recorded 38,000 steps. 

I really don't like the fact you have to do a driving record...really, why not build in a roll back feature...say roll back to 10:00 pm or something come on.  I am not going to do anything but power off and back on for now.  No one really answered why this happened.

I have had this iconic for at least 6 months.

Best Answer
0 Votes