Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic green light not coming on while charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

the green lights will not come on the back of the device when charging, can anyone tell me what this means?  All Fitbit says is try using rubbing alcohol on connectors, done, hole the buttons down, done.  And will not tell me what it means on not having the green lights.  

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

But now says here is a coupon for 35% off.  About ready to go elsewhere.  The customer service is TERRIBLE....  Why would I replace it with another fitbit when they can't even troubleshoot this one... 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Angi234.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation and appreciate your feedback. I am sure our Support team tried their best to help you resolve the issue with your watch, each case is reviewed individually and a solution that's being provided is based on the Fitbit WarrantyI appreciate your understanding and hope to keep you in the Fitbit family.

See you around.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi. The green light is how your heart rate is detected. I realised a couple of weeks ago that my Ionic wasn't reading my HR (and hadn't for some time!) and the green light wasn't on and wouldn't come on no matter what I did.

My fitbit was 13 months old and so I sent a DM to @fitbithelp on Twitter. They sent me through various exercises (from restarting the device to a full reset, all of which I had already done) but then passed me to the second-level support team, who agreed to send me a replacement Ionic unit.

So depending on how old your Fitbit is you might get a new unit.

But if not then you've now only got a step counter, not a heart rate monitor.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Redbyname, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums. 

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing your experience. I appreciate your time and efforts to help other users. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members.

Have a nice day!

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes