Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic green light stopped working, not counting steps and now won’t sync with phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

after Having purchased a surge, then blaze, then charge hr2, then my wife a versa, and then ionic. I’m done with Fitbit.  We have had to return literally 1 of every product we have purchased.  Returned 1 surge, 1 blaze, 1 charge, 1 versa and 1 iconic.  Now the latest ionic (that I had to have replaced 15 months ago) has died.  The green sensors have stopped working and after doing every reset option, and now a full factory reset, the watch won’t connect to my iPhone and the green sensors still aren’t working anyway. Fitbit while you have some great features, you really need to work on the quality of your products.  I’ve never had to return an Apple product that I’ve purchased, so it looks like I’ll be venturing to an Apple Watch now for that reason.  It’s dissapointing as I was an avid Fitbit admirer and there are some great features.  But after too many problems I can’t keep going. Until now the saving grace was that each other time the issue came just before the warranty period.  Please lift your game Fitbit. Or if anyone has any ideas I’d love to hear them.  

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Ok this morning my ionic is dead. Yesterday the green sensors wasn’t working and there were no steps registering, but now fully dead. No matter what buttons I hold down nothing happens.  Fitbit team, or anyone, if you have any ideas please let me know. Or if not, can someone let me know where to dispose this device in an environmentally safe manner. 

Best Answer

I have the same problem. My Ionic stopped working while I was running (the battery may have run out). When I got home I tried to recharge it and eventually it recharged, although I noticed that there was no longer the green lights on the back. But the watch wouldn't switch on. I therefore did a reset. Then I had to set it up again. The application says there is already an Ionic set up on my account, so I tried to replace it. But every time I try, it gets stuck on "connecting to tracker" . I have tried resetting again, redownloading the app, restarting my phone, but it is still stuck. And still no green lights

Best Answer

I agree. Loved my Fitbit Alta and then Ionic when it was working, but they are clearly just too unreliable. It may be an Apple Watch for me too.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good morning and same for me. No green lights and it is not counting.  My screen is a little blurry too 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well interesting update on this issue.  After leaving my ionic for dead for 2 weeks, I thought I’d see what happens if I tried to charge it again.  To my surprise, it started charging from 0%.  Then once I deleted the ionic from my Fitbit app, I was able to start from scratch.  Once it was reconnected, the green light started working again intermittently, but the left hand button seemed to not work.  Then I tried a reset, and after the 3rd one the watch went blank again like before.   

so I thought I’d try again 5 days later.   Sure enough it started charging, and it has now paired and working fine (but only after 40 mins!). I’ll get back to you all on how it goes.  

but good to see that a fix may be to let the battery go flat, and then start again may be a solution.   But Fitbit this shouldn’t be required and you need to work on your hardware and software before I’ll purchase a new Fitbit device.  I’d love to hear from someone at Fitbit on this issue.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Update. The green sensor light workers for about an hour. Then after transferring some music back onto it and then placing it on the charger the light stopped again.  so No heart rate, step counting.  Just time.   Then after a factory reset the screen to see if that would help, the watch again is inoperable. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar issue i am also facing i got this new ionic to my dad ... the sensor green light is not blinking its not counting steps nor heart rate... i am also using ionic my watch is performing well ... but the new band which i got for my dad isn’t working.

I am shocked to see the way fitbit team is responding to my issue, they are least bothered i don’t receive a reply to my mail even after a week ... they asked me to reset and check with the update , i did everything whatever they had listed in the mail... still its not working. Now i am not getting reply to my mails. 
My dads band is not working from day 1 ....

I have been using fitbit from past 6 years i have got fitbit bands to all of my family members, friends and relatives... now i feel bad seeing the quality being deteriorating.

i am kind of addicted to fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes