Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not charging

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic only a month old and battery went flat now it won’t charge or switch on at all tried to do factory reset what next? 

Moderator edit: edited title for clarity. 

Best Answer
83 REPLIES 83

Same thing happened to me. They put me through an exhausting support gauntlet and then weaseled out of the "1yr manufacturer warranty" anyway. I hope you have better luck than I did. 6 months is too little life for a $300 watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks CB.

I was hoping for some user experience feedback or possibly a response from FitBit support on this board since they've responded to others with similar issues.

It not, I'll reach out to them directly.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Fitbit Customer Support does not monitor this User Forum.  That's why I gave you their site.

Best Answer

Got it.  I'll contact them directly.

I thought that I saw some official FitBit communications in other threads under Product Help Forums.

Sorry for the confusion.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I understand. There are some Fitbit Employee Moderators here on the Forums with us volunteers but they are not direct representatives of Customer Support.

Best Answer

My ionic has went dead. I put it on charge last night and it hasn't changed at all. The screen is still blank and no sign of charge I have tired the usb in a different plug and still nothing??? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How you tried the troubleshooting steps in the following help article  - Why isn't my battery charging?

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer
Bought my granddaughter an Ionic for Christmas. Won't hold a charge and side buttons do not work. Tried the 2 methods suggested for reset without correction. Frustrated, cant find a number to talk to anyone to have this corrected or replace. HELP PLEASE
Best Answer
0 Votes

Bought my granddaughter an Ionic for Christmas. Won't hold a charge and side buttons do not work. Tried the 2 methods suggested for reset without correction. Frustrated, cant find a number to talk to anyone to have this corrected or replace. HELP PLEASE  - IDONT HAVE TIME TO READ THRU ALL THESE POSTINGS

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JewelDancer I've merged these threads as they were a duplicate.

To answer your question, you can contact support using this link. You will be presented with a number of options to get in contact. 

Community Council Member

Nathan | UK

Looking to get more sleep? Join the conversation on the Sleep better forum.

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner I thought about you today.

So they received mine on 7/3.  I wrote them last week after it had been 5 business days not including the holiday.  Here is what they sent me on 7/11:

"As per tracking number 02396343461121409090, we've confirmed that the package was delivered last 7/3/2018. Please allow us 24-48 hours to confirm the arrival of the tracker. Once our warehouse team confirms, we will proceed with the replacement promptly. Please note that business days excludes weekend and holidays."

Well as you can guess, nothing yet, and it's 7/17.  If i don't count the day they got it, and the holiday on 7/4, and today, they've had it 8 full business days (9 if you count today).

Sent them another email.

This is embarrassingly bad customer support.  I've gone from benefit of the doubt to resentment.

And as far as I can tell, fitbit has not acknowledged the battery issue as widespread yet, despite all the posts here to the contrary.

I hope you have better luck whenever they receive yours.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit won't charge and the bottom right button fell off.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @SophiesNonie12

Give Fitbit a call, email or chat. 

They should have a solution for you

Here is the help link

Help Link

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer

Got the Ionic for Christmas. Hardly any problems whatsoever. However I recently my ionic died and went to the 0% battery screen. Oh well, I'll charge it overnight. WRONG. The watch will not turn on. When I plug it in, I feel the vibration signifying the charging of the device. Considering getting the cheaper, and more reliable Misfit Vapor if this problem persists...

Edit: tried to reset the ionic with factory reset, soft reset, hard reset, etc. No dice.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Contact Customer Support.  Your watch is still under warranty.

Best Answer

Hey there @GottaRunFast, it's nice to see you around the forums! Sorry to hear that your Ionic is not turning on after the steps you've followed. Nice way to go, btw! Woman Wink

I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

In the meantime, please try the steps I've posted here

Thanks for your advise @SunsetRunner!

I'll be around if you need further assistance! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

My ionic's battery died after six months, and the initial symptoms were exactly as you describe: reduced capacity to 2 days, then 1 day, then a few hours, and finally it went so flat that it didn't even make it off the charger. Fitbit put me through an exhausting support gauntlet before finally refusing to replace my watch, leaving me high and dry. Six months is too little life for a $300 watch, but not according to fitbit!

I hope you have better luck.

Best Answer

So I've read up to see if anyone else has been experiencing crazy battery drain on their Ionic, or any other Fitbits. I only saw that something occurred about 10 days ago, and Fitbit released an update to address this (2.74.2). In addition I've uninstalled the Fit bit app and re-installed it, factory reset the Ionic, and turned off (1) Always connected, (2) Keep-alive Widget, (3) Reminders to move, and on top of that I never keep my bluetooth on as I don't care for text message notifications. Nonetheless, here's how my battery is holding up: Today at 2:56: 100%, and right now at 9:53: 67%. A loss of 33% in about 7 hours is absolutely ridiculous given that I've only turned on bluetooth to sync it about two times. This sudden inability of the Ionic to hold a charge started about a week ago, I'd say, which seems to coincide pretty nicely with this crazy bug they let out. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm over in Germany, so not sure if that would be useful in any way.

Looking forward to having 5-6 day battery life again.

Thanks in advance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Good afternoon those of you who know and do not solve but instead obfuscate.

I am about tired of the charging issue that periodically arises.

Did you reset?  Haha... How many times?  100?

Did you clean connectors?  No S Sherlock.

Did you this?  Did you that?  Yep did it all.

This power charger?  Do it on computer?  Oh its sensitive...

The correct answer is that it doesn't work right.

Every so often it is a pain in the rear to charge.

This wastes so much time dinking around with it.

Happened just before a 1/2 marathon, the dang thing wouldn't charge.

Instead of focusing on the race and having family time, I'm messing with the stupid watch.

Dear folks.  It doesn't charge right.  End of story.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Watch went off after I came back from a run. Has been on charge, won't reboot  

Please advise on what to do next. 

Best Answer
0 Votes