Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic heart rate monitor stopped working

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Not sure if anyone else has veen having similar problems with the ionic. My heart rate monitor seems to have stopped working. Noticed it first 4 or 5 days ago when it wasn't able to show full sleep stats. Have restarted a few times but still doesn't seem to be reading on the heart rate sensors. Anyone got any ideas?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi everyone! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. As mentioned by someone else above, please make sure your heart rate setting is set to "On", this can be done in the Ionic settings > turn on Heart rate. 

If your heart rate is set to on but you're still not getting any reading please restart it and make sure you have installed the latest firmware version. 

@Robrock83 Since you have tried performing the recommended troubleshooting, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

I'll be around if you have any additional questions! 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

Having the same problem. Stopped working 2 weeks ago and since then sleep reports have been simplified.

I just talked to support and got a solution. On your watch, swipe left to Settings. Click and scroll down to Heart Monitor. Click on it and then toggle to Heart Monitor On. That should restart your heart monitor.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
Just given this a try. Heart rate monitor was already on. Turned off and on
again but doesn't seem to have made a difference
Best Answer

I reatarted my ionic and that fixed the heart rate monitor. To restart, hold in the side and bottom buttons until you see the fitbit logo. Hope that helps!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have restarted and now got a figure but this doesnt seem to change regardless of level of activity. I've been sat working, walked around the room then ran up and down the garden and the bpm has remained the same. Feels like it needs a software update or full restart. More than just a basic reset can fix by the look of things.

Best Answer

Thank you. That worked, now how do I get it to show ion the main screen of the app in the circles area? It has always been there,  but disappeared in the last system update.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi everyone! Thank you for getting in touch about this. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. As mentioned by someone else above, please make sure your heart rate setting is set to "On", this can be done in the Ionic settings > turn on Heart rate. 

If your heart rate is set to on but you're still not getting any reading please restart it and make sure you have installed the latest firmware version. 

@Robrock83 Since you have tried performing the recommended troubleshooting, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

Best Answer

Hello Silvia, thanks for your help

I also have been having issues this week with the heart rate monitor and BPM.  I am bradycardic and resting HR is low 50s. I either get no reading or like now, doing nothing it sits on 94BPM.  When I train, I get nothing or 170bpm.  i've had this ionic over 2 yrs, once a long time ago, I restarted the watch and it all cleared. This week I have done everything suggested and still nothing.  I have the latest update, i have restarted, I have turned HR toggle on and off, I even went back to reconfiguring and I am in the same situation.   

I look forward to your suggestions

Best Answer

Thanks Sylvia, much appreciated. I am still having the same issues and have restarted several times since the initial post. Not sure if the Ionic is waiting for a new firmware update to resolve this as it seems to be a  common problem a lot of people have been having. Larely just using the fitbit as a pedometer at the moment as without the heart rate input the calorie stats are fairly unreliable. Would be good to get back to having a full range of functionality again

Best Answer

My Ionic heartrate monitor has also stopped working. Problem looks like it started on the 24th of September which seem close to other posts. Green flashing light not functioning. No heartrate or sleep monitoring. Tried the settings and resets with no luck as yet.

Best Answer

Sounds very similar. Think mine stopped working from around 17th Sept. Very frustrating. Hopefully fitbit will have a new firmware update soon that addresses the problem.

Best Answer

@Steery @PatPasquale It's nice to see you in the Fitbit Community! Thanks for the troubleshooting tried prior to posting. 

I appreciate the detailed information shared. In this case, I've shared your post with our Support team and someone will contact you as soon as possible. Keep in mind that due to recent events affecting our operations we may take a bit longer to get back to you. 

@Robrock83 Thanks for the information shared. Your post has been shared with our Support team, please continue the communication through email, they'll be happy to assist. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If there is answer that fixes this problem Fitbit support PLEASE POST. My ionic is new but I have tried every one of the trouble shooting tips enough times that I could write a tutorial but still no heart rate or sleep monitor. Now so frustrated I am wondering if there was a bad batch of Ionics sold. QC Fitbit where are you?

COVID killed my Fitbit?

Moderator edit: merged reply
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have a 1sr gen versa too and around 9/19/20, poor battery started (dead in less 12 hrs after full charge) and no heart rate/sleep monitoring.  I've spent 2 days doing everything recommended and no change.  My husband and I got our versa trackers at the same time. I religiously wear mine but he has barely worn his so it's basically brand new.  Figuring wear and tear was the issue with mine, I decided to just start using his instead.  Guess what?  Same problem, no heart rate monitor.  I hope this isn't a scam of forcing 1st gen users to buy new trackers by pushing a firmware update that degrades the tracker battery life and takes away functionality so all your left with is a pedometer.  It's quite a coincidence that this is happening with 1st generation versa trackers and is a little too reminiscent of the iphone scandal where they slowed their older generation phones down or took away capability with a device update forcing users to think they needed to upgrade to new phones.  I truly hope that's not what's going on here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry to share this with you.  Tried all of the above, restarted, re installed.  New software, chat with help desk until disconnected.  Case # 37985305.  Even better, every time I get back on the chat line to try to get a resolution I eventually get disconnected or dumped...... Till a few days ago very happy with Fitbit.  Not now.....  sometimes we try everything that is cheap and it does not work.  JCE

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi There,

I have the same heart rate sensor issue, looks like there is no answer yet from fitbit support. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there

I have suddenly had the same problem. Heart rate monitor stopped working suddenly, no red or green lights. Also battery drains in just a couple of hours. 
I have done a factory reset, made sure heart rate is turned on, tried to do an update but it gets stuck a third of the way along. 
Not sure what else to try. 

Thanks Lisa 

Best Answer

Hi I have tried everything that was suggested in the forum and the heart rate monitor is still not working

Best Answer

Hey Robrock83

Did you get your problem solved? I, like you, am now having the same problem and tried everything you had. I saw that support was going to be in contact.

Any tips you could share if you got it sorted.

Cheers

Graeme W

Best Answer
Hi Graeme,

I had a chat with customer support and found that my Fitbit was still in
warrantee so they offered me a replacement. They were very helpful and
responsive, may be worth a chat (try the online chat)

Hope this helps

Rob
Best Answer