Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic heart rate, sleep and step tracking not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi there!

I own fitbit products until Dec 2015 now!  Loving it!

Since 20 July 2021 I have a problem with my ionic.  Not working anymore!  

The screen work, option works, but all compilations tools (hr, steps, sleep, working activities, etc...) not working.

I restart it and no results!

I reset it with the factory setting and no results!

Now what can I do?

Thank's for the answer!

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

I started having the exact same issue, started at the same time/date as yourself! Could it be a corrupted update? I haven’t done anything to solve because I can’t find anything about fixing the issue! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine hasn't worked for the past 4 days. I've tried to reset as well. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Niobius@Sparkykj and @Brihas2.

@Niobius Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling and recommend getting in touch with our Support team so they can evaluate your device's behavior and help you with this matter. Click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

@Sparkykj I am sorry that you are going through the same situation. I understand how you are feeling and thank you for sharing your concern. I recommend restarting your watch by following the steps in How do I restart my Fitbit device? 

@Brihas2 Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I recommend following our complete troubleshooting tips in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Goodd morning this is exactly my problem too.

I have done a firmware update too. But the heart rate is not working on my ionic. I did several restart and checked the that the function heart rate is on.

Any other suggi?

Thanks Mauro

Best Answer
0 Votes

It’s good to see you in the community, @Mano62.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your watch. I appreciate your troubleshooting efforts and recommend turning off heart-rate tracking on your watch (open the Settings app > Heart rate > Off), restarting the device once again and then turning on the heart rate tracking. For more tips, see What factors can affect my heart-rate reading on my Fitbit device? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the reply! I was in vacation so that explain the delay,
sorry for that!

I try it and it work. But it work only for about couple hours. Now it's
the same things, the HR, and the step not working.

I will contact support.

Thank you for your time and longlife to this community 🙂
Best Answer
0 Votes

I began having the same problem with my Ionic Heart Rate, which also of course affects sleep tracking and calorie count affected by showing way to many in Zone calories burned sabotaging my weight loss efforts. I updated the Firmware released late July 2021 but it actually began before that. I was hoping that the firmware was going to be a fix for this issue but it is not. 

I followed your previous advice to a previous poster by turning off Heart Rate, restarting Ionic and then turning Heart Rate back on but it showed  Heart Rate readings but when the screen timed out and I turned the display back on HR reading is gone.

My Ionic is only Two Years old and has been treated with much care. I do not immerse it in water or ever shower with it and it has no scratches, scuffs or other outward physical defects.

The Fitbit Ionic was a pricey wearable at $299.99 and I only purchased it because at the time The Apple Watch did not have a native sleep tracker. 
I love the Ionic’s guerrilla glass as it has no scratches or scuffs and is a very high quality watch screen however, for even a wearable, one at that price point should maintain the most important metric of Heart Rate accuracy and functionality for more than two years. A $300 watch should last much longer than two years. 

Best Answer

I'm totally agree with you!

I bought my device in march 2019

They say my Ionic is defective and not on warranty anymore.

I'm gonna check the options I have.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Yes, I thought that would be the Fitbit response. Just buy another $300 device from us. If it is defective then why have many others in this thread all developed Heart Rate data functionality issues at the same time in late July? I am going to wait until the next Apple Watch release in September and sink the $400+ into that. At least they sell AppleCare and I will be covered for a while.  

Good luck back at you.

Best Answer
0 Votes