Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic in endless loop

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi, 

Today I noticed that my Ionic did not boot anymore after Wednesday this week. It is in a continuous loop of reboots and showing only the fitbit logo.

We tried a reboot (several times), as well a factory reset. All failed. Battery is fine, just does not boot beyond the fitbit logo.

We are devastated. 

Could you please help us? 

Thank you,

Darrel 

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
11 REPLIES 11

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @clynegardens.

Thanks for the details shared in your post and for already trying to resolve the issue. I understand how you are feeling about this situation. I recommend trying the following:

1. Tap the Today tab, and tap your profile picture.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

If you experience any difficulties with pairing your watch, please follow the troubleshooting instructions at Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

I'll be around if you need further help.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

The only graphics we see is a fitbit logo. It blinks and appears again. We
made sure that no buttons are pressed or stuck.

There is not home tap on the screen to select from.

We believe it became malfunctional.

Could you please advise what to do as any of the steps cannot be executed?

Regards
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for your reply, @clynegardens.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I am sorry for any confusion, please try to tap your profile picture from the Today tab in the Fitbit app, not on the watch. After that try to set up the watch by following the instructions in the app.

Let me know how it goes.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liliya, 

We tried to setup a new device on the our Android phone which worked fine before. 

It did not detect the Fitbit Ionic. Note that Bluetooth is turned on.

Note that we spent nearly an hour attempting to connect the device. The mobile app said we should connect the watch to a charger, all that done, still fails.

We are getting not just frustrated but feel Fitbit let us know. 

How dan a device just get into such a state by a normal use. 

Could you please advise how you can assist us? All the instructions you provided did not help. 

If we need to send the watch somewhere for a repair, please let us know. We are based in the UK. 

We look forward to hearing from you. 

Darrel

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry to hear the issue persists, thank you for your efforts. I understand how frustrating this is for you. I've sent your information to the Customer Support team so they can get in touch with you and provide further assistance. You should be getting a reply soon.  

Due to recent events affecting our operations, support staff is limited and wait times are longer than usual. If you're pressed for time, you can try using chat or phone to continue with this issue. Please check our Support contact options here

I'll be around if you have any questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, Liliya

I have the same issue with my Ionic. Yesterday I have made un update to my Ionic and today, after a workout, when I stopped the workout, I got a message that the there is a clock error and it asked me to switch to another clock from the app. I thought it was strange, I never got this kind of message, so I just restarted the watch, hoping that it will solve the issue. Unfortunately, after reboot, it did not start anymore, but entered in a continuous boot. It just restarts over and over again, then it shows the Fitbit logo and restarts. Please help!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @simionoff, it's nice to see you again in our Community Forums.

Thank you for joining the thread and sharing the details of the issue with your watch. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your troubleshooting efforts. I've seen you got in touch with our Support Team after posting here and they were able to help you. If you still need help, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance. 

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

We tested the work flow, without any success. We are stuck guys. The device is malfunctional. 

Where can we send it for repair? 

Regards 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the update, @clynegardens.

I appreciate your efforts and the additional details. I contacted Customer Support and was informed that they have reviewed your case already and provided a response via email. Since our team has access to your case details please continue the communication through email, they'll further investigate and provide you with the additional information. 

I'll be around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Liliya, 

Appreciate for reaching out to Customer support. I didn't receive yet any correspondence from them. Please let me know how I can best connect with then on the issue. 

Kind regards, 

Darrel 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am sorry to hear you haven't received the email from our Support team. I've sent this information to them and they will be contacting you via email. Please make sure to check your spam and junk folders. You can also contact our team via chat or over the phone. Click here to get connected. 

I'll be around if you have any questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes