Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic incorrectly high heart rate all of a sudden

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Ionic has been working fine and I haven't updated anything recently.Thus morning my heart rate reading on it was so far out ,showing my RHR as 150 while just sitting in the chair ,then I noticed it had been reading like this all morning.Its clearly wrong but constantly reading high for some reason .Took my pulse while sitting there and it was actually 59 BPM 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions
  • Exactly the same has happened to me today!!! I’ve had my Ionic for almost a month and I look after it very well... Last night it didn’t record all my sleep and today it’s showing my Heart rate way too high when in actual fact it’s 59-60 (I used my Husband’s Ionic adidas to check) Quite upset really...

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Exactly the same has happened to me today!!! I’ve had my Ionic for almost a month and I look after it very well... Last night it didn’t record all my sleep and today it’s showing my Heart rate way too high when in actual fact it’s 59-60 (I used my Husband’s Ionic adidas to check) Quite upset really...

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • Exactly the same has happened to me today!!! I’ve had my Ionic for almost a month and I look after it very well... Last night it didn’t record all my sleep and today it’s showing my Heart rate way too high when in actual fact it’s 59-60 (I used my Husband’s Ionic adidas to check) Quite upset really...
Best Answer
0 Votes

Anyone else had this ,don't want to have to d a factory reset as it is a pain setting back up WiFi etc due to the unrealiable software 

Fitbit Ionic and OnePlus 6T
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is shows a rate of 150 when it is not on me. So weird and bothersome!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well mine still shows a Heartbeat even when I’m not using it... I managed
to do an update which took a long long time!!! I also changed the watch
face and since then things have gotten Better... Now I’m trying to sync it
with Strava... I hope yours has resolved too...
Best Answer
0 Votes

This is not solved. My approx 18 month old ionic has recently started recording ridiculously high heart rates and consequently calories burned as well. 

I have restarted the ionic, closed the app, disconnected Bluetooth, turned off my iphone, changed the watch face, deleted unnecessary apps - all to no avail. It has also, and this is probably connected, stopped giving me full sleeping data; I now only receive simplified data. 

My solution is to research the competition ....

Best Answer

I noticed the same thing recently. My resting heart rate has steadily increased since the last firmware update. I also went for a run with a chest strap and the fitbit read much higher. The two readings have always been similar in the past.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really can't rely on the HR on my Ionic, that's only a year old, anymore. About 2 months ago it's been way off mostly during > 75% effort. I've played around with in various ways; changing hands, loosen it/tighten it, changing the dominant/non-dominate and just about everything. I've noticed a few things that don't completely correct the issue but appear to help: 1) Loosen enough to slide up to about 2" above the wrist bone. 2) When doing activities that result in arm swing (running, rowing, walking & swimming) I wear the watch to the inside (palm side of hand). When doing activities where I don't swing my arms (stairmaster and biking) I wear the watch on outside (back side of hand). I find that the reading though still off at times are more consistent when compared to my Polar HR chest monitors. I hope this helps someone.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for the ideas. I notice the high discrepancy mostly when I run, and it's killing my cardio fitness score. It agrees better for spinning. I have always had it drop low during weight-bearing exercise when my wrists are bent. Which makes sense. I will try turning it to the inside on my next run and see what happens!

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

How does this show answered and solved. No one seems to have found a solution. I am still having the same problem… started 3 days ago all of a sudden. Scared the crap out of me… I thought it was arythmia…this is a dangerous issue for Fitbit. They should respond and fix it immediately. 

Best Answer

I agree! I have had a resting heart rate of 125 and thought I was having a stroke until I put my husbands on and it was 68. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi all,

I had the same issue and posted about 3 to 4 weeks ago. It seems it is from the firmware update....there are so many people complaining about the update. I managed to get a new Ionic from fitbit outside of warranty but even this one is reading a high heart rate. Hopefully we get a new firmware update soon that fixes all the issues! 

Best Answer