Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is displaying "Data not cleared Sync & try again" message

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So my fit bit Ionic has been working great for the last 3 months, then last week i noticed an intermittent stall in notifications and syncing issues.  I have rebooted the device several times.  Yesterday day that stopped working, so I tried removing the app and reinstalling, then i went and deleted the device from the app and it will not reconnect.  It says it found my ionic but it is just connecting to tracker and will go no further.  So after reading online i did a factory reset on device and now have the red X “data no cleared & try again”. No i can do nothing please help!!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Scowden! Thanks for already troubleshooting this inconvenience, nice way to go! Woman Very Happy This usually happens when you performed a factory reset without before unpairing the device. Usually you should unpair the device, forget BT (both Ionic and Ionic (Classic)) and perform the factory reset. To solve this issue follow these steps:

1. Since you've already removed the Fitbit Ionic from the Fitbit app, now remove the Ionic in your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  2. Force quite the app and make sure it's updated (iOS, Android).
  3. In the Fitbit app pair the Ionic again.

If you keep having issues to setup your Fitbit Ionic after removing it from the phone's Bluetooth settings, usually a missing requirement is the cause. Carefully review the requirements below:

• Note that you can't set up your Fitbit device from your phone or tablet's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The software on your phone is up to date. To see if an update is waiting to be installed:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your phone or tablet is on. To find it:
    • iOS—Tap Settings > Bluetooth.

If you're still unable to set up, try these troubleshooting steps:

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Try setting up your device again.
  3. Restart Fitbit Ionic
  4. Try setting up your device again.
  5. If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your phone or tablet (turn it off and then back on).
  6. Try setting up your device again.
  7. If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app.

Give this a go and let me know how it goes!  

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having more problem with my iconic!  It started with me losing time, so i completed a reboot of phone and iconic it finally synced back up but steady losing time still, so i read to try and reboot 3 times in a row. Tried that and nothing, so i tried to resend to app and then it would find the iconic at all anymore.  So i did a factory reset and now the iconic is stuck in a reboot cycle. Keeps flashing the Fitbit logo for about 10 seconds the back off and then back on and it wont stop.  Very frustrating how do i fix this?

Best Answer
0 Votes