Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is draining the battery too fast

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Bought an Ionic a couple months ago but recently the battery life leaves much to be desired. When I first bought it, I got 4-5 days on a single charge. Today I get to work with a battery life of 100% and 11 hours later it's at 40%. I'm hoping that it's just a fluke and won't be happening on a regular basis. Anyone else have this issue?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Try restarting it several times. Leg us know ifbthat gets it back on track.

Restart your tracker

Community Council Member

Helen | Western Australia

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer

Same here. Had mine for about 2 months. In the last few days I’ve had the same problem. Went to bed last night fully charged and woke up with a dead battery. Not cool

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @musicmedic and @Stoop75! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with the battery on your Ionic. Have you tried what my friend @NellyG suggested?

Keep in mind that the length of time your Fitbit device operates on a full charge depends on how frequently you use it and various settings. 

Consider these tips when you want to conserve battery life:

• Make sure you're charging Ionic fully each time. It can take up to 2 hours to charge your watch. 
  • Turn off All-Day Sync in the Fitbit app because it increases battery drain on both your watch and phone. Note that if you turn off All-Day Sync, certain apps including Weather won't work since data isn't being sent from the Fitbit app to your watch:
    1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon > your device image.
    2. Find the option to turn off All-Day Sync.
  • Turn off the option to wake the screen when you turn your wrist; instead, tap the screen to turn it on:
    • On your watch, swipe right to the shortcuts screen > Screen Wake > Manual.
  • If you don't need heart rate data, change the Heart Rate setting to Off. Note that the green LED continues to flash even if Heart Rate is turned off.
  • Turn off call, text, calendar, and app notifications if you know you're going to receive many hundreds of notifications. A large volume reduces battery life:
    • On your watch, swipe right to the shortcuts screen > Notifications > Off.
  • Charge your watch more often if you play music, exercise with GPS, complete Fitbit Coach workouts, or use the music controls frequently.
  • Don't receive reminders to move every hour. To get fewer reminders, make sure you walk 250 steps each hour, change the number of hours you want your stationary time monitored, or turn off the feature on days you don't need it.
  • If you have many silent alarms set, consider deleting some. Each alarm you add up to the maximum of 8 reduces battery life by a small percentage. 
  • Shut down Ionic when it's not in use. 

Hope this helps, keep me in the loop! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

Seems as though the reset worked (so far) but I noticed it has been double tracking my step count since then. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. The battery intervals between charging seems to be degrading over time. I have not changed clock faces or functions. I might have begun after the latest upgrade.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same over here. I have my Ionic for 7 months and never had problems with it but the last 2 days I fully charged the battery and after only a few hours (3-4) the battery is dead...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am once again surprised by the quality of the answers of Fitbit representatives. In a negative way I should add.

I believe it would be much helpful to point to https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Android-App/Mobile-data-usage-increased/m-p/2813906#M78499 

In there a very serious issues is reported by many users: high mobile data usage (costing money to users!), combined with high battery usage.

The lack of knowledge within Fitbit (also the helpdesk was not aware of this) and the slow response of Fitbit is beyond anything.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems to me that we should not have to turn everything off (including shutting it off when not in use) to be able use the watch.  If I have to turn my laptop off because the battery drains too fast, what is the point of having a laptop?  If Fitbit would just fix the battery drain issue that would be great!

Best Answer