Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is not displaying accurate heart rate readings while biking

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Today I was on a casual bike ride and my HR reading went nuts. I exercise all the time so I know these figures aren't accurate. I'm just wondering if anyone has any idea what may have happened. I was set for biking on the Ionic like always. Here is the reading:Screenshot_20181016-160006.png

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Ionic happened 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @FredFornicola and @SunsetRunner, thanks for stopping by! How are you wearing your watch? When doing high intensity workouts it is recommended to wear the watch high up your wrist. From 2 to 3 fingers from your wrist bone should be fine. Also, it is needed for the tracker to be loose on your wrist. If it is too tight, there may be inaccuracies.

wristplace.PNG

Please check this article for more details.

Give this a shot and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit It's 1000 time when I get the same advice. I understand it all falls on deaf ears but I will make it bold: IT JUST DOESN'T WORK, DOESN'T IMPROVE ANYTHING. Since I bought Ionic I receive always the same instructions. It's just insulting as you simply assume I'm a dumb person who can't follow a simple set of instructions and those have to be repeated endlessly.

Additionally, I want to notice an error in the logic. Keeping the watch high on the wrist is pretty much impossible when it's not tight enough. Due to sweating and certain motions, it will slide down. I was always giving push-ups as an example. After a few Ionic slides down so low that accidentally the pause button can be pressed ( which happened to me on several occasions ). It is pointless to use Ionic during the workout if I'm going to be always distracted checking whether the watch is positioned correctly and while being in the middle of the set I would have to fix it.

Best Answer