Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is not syncing to a different timezone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I really do not understand in this day and age how Fitbit is not competing with their competitors for a quality watch. Garmin and others can compete in other time zones without any problem. I have only had problems with this IONIC with no solution to why my steps are not syncing correctly in the same time zone as well as other time zones. Too expensive for this mess, about to sell this rock. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

Hey there @Sypaciorek, thanks for stopping by! The time on your Fitbit device may be wrong after you travel to a different time zone or when clocks change for Daylight Saving. Sync your Fitbit device to see the correct time.

Do you have access to the internet every time you travel? Keep in mind that in order to sync your tracker you must have internet access so your tracker can update your data and also your current time.

Since you use a mobile phone to sync, please double check the following (I know you've done some of these steps):

1. Go to the Settings in your phone and tap on General:

Settings - general iOS.PNG

2. Select the Date & Time option and verify that the Automatic time is on:

General - Date.time.PNG

Date.Time automatic.PNG

3. Go to the Fitbit app and tap on Account, then scroll down and select Advance Settings, there you'll find the option to set the Automatic time:

Advance settings - iOS - Fitbit app.PNG

Automatic timezone - iOS Fitbit app.PNG

PS: Note that the 3 first screen shots are from my iPhone, but in case you use Android phone, the steps are the same. You need to go to the settings on your phone and do the same process.

If that doesn't work, I'd recommend trying to update the time zone online by going to https://www.fitbit.com/settings/profile. Don't forget to sync after you change, maybe this helps to update the time on your app and tracker. 

Give this a go and let me know the outcome! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes