Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is not tracking steps and heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having a similar problem with my Ionic. It recently stopped tracking steps and heartbeat.

I have updated the application (version 2.7.3) and have updated the firmware (version 27.32.10.15)

I also have deleted and removed the Ionic twice.

I did a factory reset of the device twice.

When the firmware is being updated I noticed the phone app kept spinning, so didnt seem to finish.

Not sure what to try next. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

Whats steps should a person try before deleting the app to restart.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure there ever was a fix to this. I believe the underlying software in the device was corrupted by an update - Fitbit sent me a new one for half price. If the tracker is working but it’s not syncing to the app, then deleting and re installing could potentially work.

Moderator edit: personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reset it to the factory setting after I posted this and it’s been working great ever since. Thank you for reaching out. 😊

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Done all possible solutions but the watch is kaput! Thank you
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am also having same problem; bit less than two year old Fitbit ionic is not tracking steps or BPM. Also GPS tracking does not go on when running. Problem started after recent update few weeks back. It seems to be a fundamental flaw in the software as the problem persists even people reported same problem already two years ago. Maybe not really a trustworthy company if they do not take responsibility.  I did restart, changed clock face several times, returned factory settings, switched on/off etc

Best Answer
0 Votes

seriously problematic firmware. 

& seriously problematic customer service.

My ionic is also on this cursed firmware.

It cannot shut down properly. (Known problem which fitbit doesnt acknowledge)

Many users complained that if factory reset it will go into loop. Scary.

My ionic is giving false heartbeat readings even when im not wearing it.

Sometimes as high as 150 BPM and beyond. lol. And it detects sleep when there is none.

I emailed Fitibit and they asked me to reset. I told them many users complaining reset will cause their watch to die so if die will fitbit replace for me? they basically wash hand as said that they will check later. Hahahahaha! Die first then will talk. I am amazed at such low quality of customer service. 

Good luck solving your problem. Dont think it is the only problem that will go unsolved. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
They stink. I tossed mine. Have a Galaxy watch. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone

Important Email Information: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended addressee please contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail.
Best Answer
0 Votes
They’ll give you 25% off a new one. Lol. I tossed mine out. Have a Galaxy now. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone

Important Email Information: The information in this email is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorized. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. If you are not the intended addressee please contact the sender and dispose of this e-mail.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic does not count my steps anymore + the tapping on the screen does not work either

Best Answer

My turn to just start having this issue as well. I seem to have been luckier than most on here though. I got my Ionic December 2017 and this issue just started happening yesterday. I’ve tried several reboots, factory resets and reconnects to the app. Changed and reset watch faces. Nothing seems to be working. I guess it’s time to start shopping around.

Best Answer

I did start shopping and went with Apple Watch 

Best Answer

I'm having this problem now.  Is there a solution?

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me, unfortunately, nothing I could fix at home. I had to send my watch back in and Fitbit sent me a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I reset mine and it’s been working ever since.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Having the exact same issue... no BPM, no steps, tried all the fixes - Still not working. Can't believe Fitbit isn't honoring a fix to this issue... 

Best Answer
Unfortunately, the solution I was given wasn’t much of a solution. FitBit customer support told me that because my Ionic was just shy of two years old, the only solution was to toss it and buy a new FitBit. I didn’t want a replacement unit (free or paid), I wanted a fix for my existing Ionic. When a software upgrade breaks the unit, regardless of tracker age, the company should have a responsibility to patch the software and make the units work. The Ionic was my 7th FitBit and I loved it. But instead of buying another, I got an Apple Watch. The UI takes some getting used to and the battery life isn’t as good, but the customer support is certainly better.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve done all of that and mine is still not working. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine too, weeks of frustration with this ionic.  This after paying 250. For a fix last Fall🤔 so no offers from Fitbit for me.... OVER 500.00 into this in two years.... ALL suggested remedies attempted.  I realize my retirement time is fleeting.  I am finished with this.  Maybe the fish in the Sound would like to know the time!  For 24 hours or so anyway.  no no not that.  I will recycle  it🤨

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

The same thing just happened to my watch too, can you pass on that info or start a ticket for me too please?

Thanks,

Shirah

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic is doing the same thing. Won't count steps, floors or track heat rate. I've Uninstalled a few times, did a hard restart, factory reset ... still no luck! 

Best Answer