Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is not tracking steps and heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I am having a similar problem with my Ionic. It recently stopped tracking steps and heartbeat.

I have updated the application (version 2.7.3) and have updated the firmware (version 27.32.10.15)

I also have deleted and removed the Ionic twice.

I did a factory reset of the device twice.

When the firmware is being updated I noticed the phone app kept spinning, so didnt seem to finish.

Not sure what to try next. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
74 REPLIES 74

Is there a solution to this issue. I’ve tried everything but my FitBit Ionic will not track heart rate or steps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I called the help line after doing all the resets and everything they were of no help to me it still is not collecting steps or heart rate. The help desk did not seem very interested in getting this fixed. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same problem and yes my heart rate is o .

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me there was no solution. But I was impressed with the service from fitbit, as they send me a replacement. And actually that was already my second replacement as on my first ionic the screen faded away almost completely... they could not fix this either. The “fun” thing is that this second replacement just died on me last week.... it does not recharge anymore...

Again contacted fitbit, but apparently now all my garantee has run out. They did offer me a 25% reduction on their online store, but even with this reduction they are more expensive than local offers, so will not make use of it.

my problem is that I really liked the Ionic when it was working.... but to my experience the quality is just too low... to many issues, hassle to sort it out every time and even while I liked the fitbit support en replacements the gave me.... the watch is just too expensive for its quality as each device has only served me somewhere between 6-12 months... I am now looking into Garmin.... which is kind of a pity as all my historic data is with fitbit, still have a fitbit scale, etc... But it does not seem fitbit improves and is a good choice for the future...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Similar problems since updating the software a few days ago. One day no steps, no bmp ; next day 65,000 steps that I clearly didn't do and a heart rate that was off the charts. The ionic is useless at present

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the exact same problem. No matter what I do I can’t get steps to show up any longer, not to mention you can go three or four days without syncing.  I can’t seem to get this thing to sync even with a Wi-Fi extender in my house.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

How do you update the watch face?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Get in touch with fitbit, they will run diagnostics remotely and if cant solve should issue you a new ionic. They are very helpful but be persistent.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.. hows your ionic now? Is it can be fixed. Cause I have similiar problem as yours. Any suggestion what to do

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi ionic is not working after trying different fixes suggested by customer service and community. I will send you my latest communication from customer service as soon as I can best RangerHill1974

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
The hard reset seems to be working for nowSent via the Samsung Galaxy Note20 Ultra 5G, an AT&T 5G smartphone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for the tip!
Best Answer
0 Votes
HelloThis is the “fix “ Fitbit sent to me for my Ionic. No”joy” for me though. Let me know if it helps you! Thanks,

We're happy to assist you regarding your Fitbit Ionic which is not working. Thank you for trying to fix beforehand.

Upon checking in our system, we were able to see that the last time your Fitbit Ionic synced was today May 12th, 2020 with 56% of battery level.

We're aware of the efforts trying to fix the issue, we want to help, please take a look again to these troubleshooting steps:
Factory reset:

Please take into account the following aspects:

You will need to reinstall any application on you watch after the reset
The information that has not been synchronized with your dashboard will be erased
Note: to factory reset the Versa doesn't need to plug the watch into the cable
Then continue with he instructions below:

1. On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds
2. When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated
3.This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup
4.If you fail to release the bottom right button in time, or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely, the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset
5.When the watch successfully resets, please use the normal out of the box process of updating the firmware

On the side note, we noticed that there’s an available update for your Fitbit app version. We’d like to recommend updating its version to ensure that all features will continue working smoothly.

Let us know if you have any other question so we can further assist you.

Sincerely,
Luis.N and the Fitbit Team

--
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Fitbit team/MarreFitbit,

I have exactly the same issue as described by Wesnicfitster.  Please could you help.  

Many thanks

Jimmy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everybody, thank you for visiting the Fitbit Community.

Currently, there is a voluntary Safety Recall of Fitbit Ionic Smartwatches.

For more information, please visit this thread.

I am going to close this thread to keep the Community organized.

Have you received the answer you were looking for? Choose the post as the best answer!

Hai ricevuto la risposta che stavi cercando? Accetta il post come soluzione!

¿Has recibido la respuesta que estabas buscando? ¡Acepta el post como solución!

Best Answer
0 Votes