Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is paired to Moto G5 Plus but Reset PIN not working

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My ionic is frozen...Device lock enabled...but the PIN got entered incorrectly 10 times accidentally from the screen brushing against some materials...it's paired with my MotoG5plus...but everytime I go to device lock to reset the PIN and enter a new PIN, a message comes up saying "error connecting to ionic" after I have entered the new PIN and it tries to connect? How can I fix this problem?

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
24 REPLIES 24

Now a new problem has emerged.  Just tried to reinstall my bank card to the wallet, and I am getting the same error message....unable to connect to ionic 😞 This was not a problem before I updated the firmware, as I had a bank card installed and had used the NFC to make payments!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Device lock is also not working, so I am not able to set up a new security PIN either 😞 

Maybe the latest firmware update has done something to the ionic software causing problems for some non-compatible devices.  Both these features worked for me before with the MotoG5plus.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I guess I could try to set up the fitbit wallet and PIN on my GF iphone, then reconnect it to my MotoG5plus....maybe that will fix it.

Any news on timing for inclusion of the MotoG5plus as a compatible device?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well...all is solved.  I turned the MotoG5plus off, and then turned it on again.  The fitbit wallet and PIN features have returned to normal functionality, and I have been able to reinstall my bank card. Everything is now working properly.  The only thing I have not used yet is the music installation or bluetooth headphones. Fitbit Ionic has redeemed itself. So happy!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Omg! I missed a lot of things here hahaha (sorry I have some time off), but I'm back! And I'm so happy to hear that you were able to solve the inconvenience with the Pin after using your girlfriend's phone @AJRandallSmiley Wink

Just clarifying here when you raised the good question about, what could happen if we lost our watch? Well, If you lose your watch, you can remove or suspend the card you added to the device using the Wallet section of the Fitbit app. You can still make payments using the physical debit or credit card, so contact your bank if the card was lost or stolen.

Keep in mind that no one can use your watch to make a payment without first entering your personal 4-digit PIN code, as my friend @Chrism71 mentioned. 

If you’ve misplaced your watch, you can suspend the card you added to the device instead of deleting it from Fitbit Pay. When you suspend a card, it remains in your Wallet, but you can’t use it to make payments with your watch. If you locate your watch, you can unsuspend the card and then use it to make payments. 

If you lost both devices, you can log into your fitbit.com dashboard on a phone, tablet, or computer to delete the cards you added to Fitbit Pay. Hope this clarifies the inquiry guys! Robot wink

On the other hand @AJRandall, the developer team is aware of the need to add new devices to the list of compatible devices (believe me), but at the moment we don't have a estimated date on when it will be added. Hopefully this can happen very soon. 

Have a great day guys, catch you later! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes