Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is shutting down during exercise

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Nothing quite like busting your **ahem** on an exercise, only to have your expensive exercise tracker shut down half way through it, thus removing any existence of your exercise, defeating the purpose of the tracker in the first place. 

This is the second time now this has happened, out of 2 total bike rides this year. The first time I thought maybe it got a bit cold because of the single digit temperatures (Celsius  still above freezing). Today was well above freezing and came home to the same result. The only saving grace is Strava kept track until the tracker died, about half way through the ride. I had a Garmin  and decided to come back to Fitbit once they finally got a waterproof HR tracker. Needless to say, I truly feel I made the wrong decision. Very disappointed, and feel like I wasted my hard earned money on this device.

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

Hey there @JeremyGirard, thanks for stopping by! Sorry to hear about the inconvenience with your Fitbit Ionic. Thank you for the thorough feedback for the Fitbit devices. This has not gone unnoticed and be sure that I will pass this along.

We don't want to create frustration in our customers. Fitbit has been designed to provide motivation and help you to reach your daily goals to success. Please know that we provide feedback to our team based on community posts and we are always working on improving our devices and overall environment based on that feedback.

If your tracker is shutting down during your exercises, I'd recommend performing a restart by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If Fitbit Ionicdoesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

Hope this helps, keep me in the loop! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer

I think the reset procedure is the problem. When in a push-up position both of those buttons are pressed down. Is there a way to disable resets during exercise?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I suppose most people would tell me to get a new sports watch by this time (I did get a swim watch), but I still have my Ionic even though it would shut down during exercise with more frequency.  I have recently noticed that when my phone is nearby, it does not shut down.  If my phone is in another room the Ionic shuts down frequently.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Happens during running activity. Also connected to wireless beats playing Pandora during activity. Occurs randomly, 2 or 3 days per week. Happens multiple times on the same day.

iMessageapp

Best Answer