Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is stuck on factory reset mode

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Performed a factory reset on my Ionic today, but it's been stuck on the Fitbit logo and the "To start, download the Fitbit app" message in different languages for over three hours. Looks like I messed up my Ionic. How long is the factory reset supposed to last and is there any way to stop or cancel the factory reset?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@RoadReptile Welcome! It's great to see you around.

Thanks for the details shared on your post. Once the factory reset is completed, you will see the set up instructions in different languages and after that you need to set up your Fitbit Ionic as new device using the Fitbit app, so please do the following: 

1. Open the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab and tap your profile picture
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
  4. If you are having trouble to set up the device again, please see Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps.

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3

@RoadReptile Welcome! It's great to see you around.

Thanks for the details shared on your post. Once the factory reset is completed, you will see the set up instructions in different languages and after that you need to set up your Fitbit Ionic as new device using the Fitbit app, so please do the following: 

1. Open the Fitbit app, tap the Today tab and tap your profile picture
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.
  4. If you are having trouble to set up the device again, please see Why can't I set up my Fitbit device?

Hope this helps.

Cindy|Community Moderator| Did you find my post helpful? Vote for it or mark it as a Solution!
Best Answer

Hi CindyMFitbit,

I have a problem with the Fitbit Ionic. I reset the device yesterday. To alert you, I have a Windows 10 tablet and a Windows 10 mobile phone. I downloaded the Fitbit app to both my phone and tablet, synced it to my tablet first, and followed the instructions. It's in the charger, but even though it says the first setup takes about 30 minutes, I have it plugged in for about an hour, but only the Fitbit logo is still on 😥. Sometimes then fitbit turns off and I turn it on and again it shows me to download the app and do everything again from the beginning. I don't know what to do, please help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome! It's great to see you around @Koci24

Thanks for taking the time to share what you've experienced with your Fitbit Ionic and for already trying to resolve the issue. Just to confirm, may I know if the tablet and your phone are able to find your Fitbit? If you get an error message, please let me know. In the meantime I suggest doing the following: 

1. Turn off Bluetooth on your phone; wait 10 seconds, and then turn it back on.
  2. Turn your Fitbit device off and back on. See How do I restart my Fitbit device?
  3. Try setting up your Ionic once more time. Your phone should say "Found"
  4. If the issue persists you can restart your phone or try the set up process with another device if it's possible. You can see compatible devices here

See you around. 

Best Answer
0 Votes