Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is stuck on update screen

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What’s up with ionic update won’t update 

now my ionic is stuck on update screen and recording nothing!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
26 REPLIES 26

Finally I got the update to work, it has taken 5 days.  The solution was to let the watch run out of battery.  Plug it back to change fully.  delete the app and reload.  reconnect the app to the watch and start the update from start.  Its amazing its taken so long and and the process is far from friendly.  I will be putting the watch in the bin if the is another update anytime soon.

Fitbit need to work on there customer experience, at the moment it's not good.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Before I throw this in the trash, I'm reaching out for any ideas on how to get this thing back online.  

It locked up during an upgrade. All I have is the fitbit logo for weeks.

1. Tried the back and bottom buttons - at least 50 times

2. Tried holding all 3 buttons -about a dozen times

3. Tried numerous combinations of buttons.

4. Tried letting it sit for weeks and let the battery die down - and still the same.

Best Answer

I finally located the factory reset process - which has finally unlocked the device.  Took a while to get it right, but hope this helps others

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Ionic-Frozen-Screen/m-p/2838769#M63302

Best Answer
0 Votes
Sorry I can’t help, mine is in the trash because it no longer county steps. Second one of these I’ve had and each lasted 2 years. I would never buy another Fitbit again.
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes
Mine is long gone...went back to my Blaze. Mine froze up after a swim,
couldnt get it to work after that $300 in the trash. Sorry
Best Answer
0 Votes

These instructions are useless. They only work if your watch is operating normally. My watch is stuck on the screen with the blue Fitbit logo on it. It will not reset. I cannot access the system settings. It has been this way for over a week. It will not reset. IMG_6476.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes

This post fixed it. 

@Marievictoria wrote:
I cant restart i dont no why

Then try a 3 button Factory Reset using the instructions below:

On the watch, hold all three buttons for about twelve seconds. This triggers the 2-button hardware reboot after about eight seconds.
- When the Fitbit logo appears, then disappears, release the bottom right button, then continue holding the left and top right buttons until you feel a strong vibration. This indicates the factory reset was initiated.
- This process may take several seconds, and eventually, the Fitbit logo appears and the device boots and displays go to Fitbit.com/setup.
- If you fail to release the bottom right button in time or otherwise don't follow the procedure precisely , the Fitbit logo reappears quickly and boots without factory reset.

This will return the watch to the way it was when you unboxed it.  Be very precise as the  method is very tricky.

C.B. | TEXAS

Best Answer
0 Votes