Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic is vibrating randomly

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

All through out the day I get random buzzs with out anything . It even happens when Im asleep and its making me crazy. I've read all of the posts about people who have had these issues. I have tried everything except resetting to the factory setting.. Don't really feel like doing theat...

I have only had it a few weeks.... Please help or I just might have to return it.

thanks

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@MarreFitbit how can I open a case for the same issue? Thanks. 

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
33 REPLIES 33

Hi all. I had a workout this past Saturday and ever since, the Ionic is consistently vibrating, waking up the screen and opening the Music settings. I tried to use the start a workout on the Ionic during my workout, but it kept vibrating and pausing/un-pausing (I dunno if it was detecting or if it's related.)

Really weird. This was on and off throughout the weekend, and I had zero issues all morning Monday and now mid-day Monday it's happening consistently.

Pretty sure this consistent vibration is killing my battery and it's frustrating.

Can anyone help? I've only had this Ionic for maybe 2 months now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Miked1972! First of all, I'd recommend manually restarting your Fitbit Ionic by following these steps:

1. Press and hold the back (left) and bottom buttons until you see the Fitbit logo on the screen. This should take less than 10 seconds.
  2. Let go of the buttons.
  3. If your Fitbit Ionic doesn't work normally, use the instructions in How do I turn off my Fitbit device? to turn your watch off and on again.

Your Fitbit device should vibrate or buzz gently to alert you at various times, including if you set a silent alarm or when you hit your step goal. Do you have alarms set? Do you receive notifications? Do you have reminders to move?

Please do not try the Factory Reset yet. 

Keep me posted! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I did check all of my alert settings. They are only alerting me to the things that I have set.

I just tried the resetting it I hope that works. I will get back to you. Either way. thanks for getting back to me and I hope that it works..

-Mike
Best Answer
0 Votes

Im still getting Random buzzing...not as much as I did before the restart, but still a few times a day which is annoying...

What else can I try?

Best Answer

Change your clockface.  I had this awhile ago with one of the clocks I was using. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I will give that a try ...That would stink beracue I like the clock face that I have..

But thanks for the tip

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for following the suggestions @Miked1972! Can you please let us know if by changing the clock face as my friend @Spookly advised, the random vibration stops? 

Also, may I have the name of the clock face you currently have?

Looking forward to your response! 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
I will try it shortly......
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does this too.  It's extremely frustrating, because sometimes it does it at night and wakes me up.  Everytime it vibrates, it goes to the "Screen Wake & Notifications" screen.  I've tried restarting it, factory resetting it, changing clock faces, with and without my protective cover (thinking it might have been keeping the button pressed), and it continues to vibrate randomly.  This started right after I purchased it, but a factory reset seemed to fix it for about 6 months.  Now nothing fixes it.

Best Answer

Welcome here @BTom! Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot this issue on your own. Nice way to go! 

I have reached out to our support team and created a case regarding your inquiry. Someone will be reaching out to you within the next 24-72 hours with next steps. Smiley Very Happy

Point me out if there's anything else I can do for you in the meantime. 

Best Answer

Is your move-alert set? I know i have it set and any hour that i do not hit 250 steps in, i get an vibration around 10 min till the hour.

Best Answer
0 Votes
I changed my clock face and that helped. Its to bad because I really liked the one that I had.....

It made me mental as well....
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for helping out guys @Miked1972 and @nabten! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and what has worked for you. 

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted! Smiley Wink

Best Answer

It is definitely not my move alert.  I get that too.  This occurs randomly, sometimes repetitively (as in 10-15 times in a few minutes).  And it always goes to the "Screen Wake & Notifications" screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine starting do this same thing a couple of weeks ago. At first, restarting it seemed to work. Then it started vibrating and going to the "Screen Wake & Notifications" screen every day. Now it is doing it in the middle of the night and waking me up. Today I tried a factory reset, as soon as it was completed I put it back on my wrist and it immediately started again. I think it has something to do with the sensors on the back. It settles down when I take it off, but will do it again if I touch the back. 

Best Answer

Thanks for jumping in here @gregdla and @BTom! Sorry to hear that you guys are experiencing this inconvenience. Can you please let me know if you've tried changing your clock face? Let me know if by doing this, the issue seems to stop. 

Looking forward to your response! 

Best Answer

I reset mine to factory settings and didn't change the default face right away and the problem continued.  I received a replacement yesterday, I will try it out soon.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Awesome @BTom! I'm glad to hear that you've received a replacement Ionic. Have you already set it up? If not yet, here are the instructions: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon.
  2. Tap Set Up a Device.
  3. Choose your device and follow the on-screen instructions to continue.

In case you have some spare time, I would like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you will find great tips and encouragement from other members and if there's anything else I can do for you, please keep me posted!

Best Answer

I did try changing my clock face, before I did the factory restore, but it did not correct the problem. I have since had to send it in for a replacement 

Best Answer
0 Votes