Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic won't sync, won't connect to GPS, won't show the correct time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have an iPhone 6s both the watch (ionic) and the app on the phone are up to date. My ionic will not be seen by the phone, although it is showing connected in the Bluetooth settings. The ionic itself other than not syncing with the phone, will not connect to GPS, at this point right now is 4 hours and 21 minutes off the time it is supposed to be, I Have the always on screen set to on when exercising but the screen shuts off anyways, the watch itself will randomly shut off when I am running, I have tried doing everything that is talked about throughout a multitude of threads including shutting off the phone, watch, Bluetooth, uninstalling the app, the only way that my ionic has synchro to my phone in the last three days was when I completely took the ionic off my Fitbit account and turned everything off and then restarted everything and re-installed the app on the phone and the watch into my account, and then it barely synced once and hasn’t done t again. The ionic did work fine for about two months and that was around Christmas of 2017. Since then it’s one problem after another with this fitness tracker. 

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Scottionic! Sorry to hear about the inconveniences you've been having with your Fitbit Ionic. I appreciate you've taken the time to troubleshoot this, nice way to go! 

After reading your post, it seems that you've exhausted all the troubleshooting steps to sort this out. So, I'd recommend attempting a Factory Reset on your Ionic. Usually you should unpair your Ionic, forget Bluetooth (both Ionic and Ionic (Classic)) and perform the factory reset. 

1. Unpair your Ionic from your Fitbit account.
  2. Unpair from Bluetooth both Ionic and Ionic (classic).
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Turn off the Bluetooth.
  5. Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  6. Turn on the Bluetooth.

While doing those steps, on your watch, open the Settings app > About Factory Reset. Then, set up your device again. If there is no connection, restart your Fitbit Ionic.

Note that factory reset your watch erases apps and all personal data from the device, including credit or debit cards you added (on watches that support Fitbit Pay).

If you are able to set up and sync your Ionic, the time should be corrected. Try the GPS again, this should work as well. Everything seems to be a mess, but is due to your tracker hasn't synced yet. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer