Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic isn't found by my phone- it has been before!

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few weeks ago I was gifted an Ionic. I was out of town visiting relatives and set up my Ionic on their wifi signal. My ionic worked great and I loved it. When I came home, my Ionic refused to connect to my home wifi. Unfortunately I was not able to begin the ionic update before we left for home. Under IP Address it said wifi was off. Soon the time was off. Not just by a time zone, but by two of three minutes. I read that I should try restart it so I did. I restarted it using the left and bottom button repeatedly. That did nothing to improve the situation. 

Here's where I probably did something stupid.

Impatient, I removed the Ionic from my account on my app. Then I went into settings on the Ionic and reset my ionic to factory settings. I then tried to add the ionic back to my account. But when I try to setup the ionic, my phone can't find it. I have reset my phone's Bluetooth many times. Restarted my phone many times. Checked my wifi signal. Restarted the ionic with left and bottom buttons many times. Fully charged the ionic. Plugged in the ionic. Once or twice the ionic was found by my phone, but it would promptly disconnect again. My ionic just shows the screen with the Fitbit logo and the instructions to go online to setup. (I did that too) 

i have a droid Maxx 2 and it worked great with my ionic until I came home to my own wifi. I'm inclined to think that something's amiss with ionic's Bluetooth, but I'm no expert.

Thanks! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

I should probably add that when I got home, my ionic wouldn't sync with my phone. That began on the long road home and was the first problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes