Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic isn't waterproof to 50 meters

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Waterproof to 50 Meters? Bull crap!  One time in 4 foot deep pool and it's kaput

Moderator edit: subject for clarity and format 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Bimmerjoe.

Thanks for the details shared in your post. I understand how you are feeling and recommend following our troubleshooting instructions including a restart in Why isn't my Fitbit device's battery charging? 

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, the "Waterproof to 50m" classification doesn't really mean that. I thought most people knew that, actually... My scuba diving computers are waterproof to "300 m," but again, in reality, that means they have been tested to 4 atm pressure, and in the real world, they likely are waterproof down to  60 or 70 meters, but never, ever would I expect more of them. Now, all that said, the Ionic is made for swimming, so it most definitely should be waterproof to at least a typical pool depth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Based on my experience, it isn't even water resistant. My Ionic wasn't even
a foot under water and I wasn't swimming. Regardless, FitBit's claims
about their watches and trackers amounts to the what the legal community
would call "puffery".
Buyer Beware
Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm very sorry to hear about your experience. Honestly, though, I think it might be an issue with your particular device. I have free-dived with my Ionic in pools, and had no issues with water resistance at all. I would send it in for warranty repair or replacement. 

Best Answer
0 Votes