Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic just says ‘connecting’ during exercise and only records time and HR

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have tried everything multiple times; restart, factory reset, wiped the app on my iPhone, disconnected, reconnected. I’m at the end of my tether with this. I am a cyclist and I use my ionic to track kph and distance to keep my speed constant through my ride. The only thing that gets tracked is the time and the heart rate. I’m also having issues with this information not accurately transferring over to my app on my phone. Where can I get this error fixed? Is there anything else you can suggest?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Disconnecting and reconnecting or deleting and reinstalling the app isn’t going to make any difference to the Ionic’s ability to track. 

The available stats of a tracked bike bike ride are Elapsed time, Distance, Speed (average), Speed (max), Heart rate (average) l Heart rate (max), Calories burned, Elevation gain.

Are you manually starting the Bike exercise or relying on SmartTrack, which has much less info available?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi, i’ve tries both. Manually starting the exercise using the icon and also
trying to see if it will pick it up on its own. It used to work perfectly
both ways too so not sure what went wrong.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Had this issue for weeks until today...

I have done the same as you. Factory reset after factory reset, removed app, reinstalled, remove device, readded device MULTIPLE times. I've started runs, bike rides and walks and just let it run. Never any of those times did it actually connect. Even after a 2.5 hour bike ride.

Then today went for a walk and figured I would try to track it with GPS and right toward the end of my walk it got a connection and held it. I didn't notice until I was ending the walk. I let the activity sync and then I attempted to start a run and stepped out side and it connected within about 30 sec.

Not sure what fixed it. I've been told by FB support the Ionic is damaged yet I finally got everything working 100% today. Who knows if it will continue to work but I hope it does. Good luck!

Just an added note...The GPS map still had me walking through peoples houses and zig-zagging across roads, etc. It's HORRIBLE. This is with a clear day and no trees overhead and no tall buildings nearby. 

fitbit Sense
T-Mo Sammy S21 Ultra Running Android OS 11
Best Answer
0 Votes