Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic locks device when I didn't take off my watch

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Occasionally my Ionic will spontaneously lock when I haven't taken it off my wrist.

This is problematic because this stops me from getting notifications, and I have no idea that I'm not getting notifications because I have no idea that my Ionic decided to spontaneously lock itself.

I've "fixed" this for the time being by changing my settings so that only wallet is locked, but it would be better if the Ionic were more reliable about not deciding I took it off when I didn't.

I hope the only response to this is "Wear the watch tighter," because I'm pretty sure that if I go even one hole tighter on the watch band it's going to be tight enough to start giving me a rash.

Anybody else having this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

I'll have to check again, but it up to not stop notifications. The reason it locks is because for some reason the tracker thinks it has been removed from the wrist.

I have mine set to only lock Fitbit pay.

Best Answer

@Rich_Laue wrote:

I'll have to check again, but it up to not stop notifications.

The Fitbit documentation says that one of the reasons why notifications might not be working is because the Fitbit is locked, so I take that to mean that notifications are not displayed when the Fitbit is locked, though I imagine that's not true if it's just locked for Wallet.

The reason it locks is because for some reason the tracker thinks it has been removed from the wrist.

Yes, that's what I said.

I have mine set to only lock Fitbit pay.

Yup, that's also what I said. You don't seem to have added any useful information here.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I was surprised that you stated that you did not receive notifications, since the last time my ionic and versa where set to always lock the notifications did come through. Sorry that my first paragraph did not make any sense. I just checked on the versa and it seems that you are correct in that when the tracker is locked notifications are not displayed. 

As for anybody else having this problem, using the search function would give you the answer if yes. This happens on both the ionic and the versa.

Best Answer