Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic loosing battery life

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Collage 2020-10-24 10_06_37.jpg

I had my Fitbit ionic for more than 2 years now and I could go several days without charging, even after doing 2 or 3 hours lesmills classes each day and I don't use the GPS and suddenly yesterday I started losing battery life at a rate of 25% to 50% per hour. For example last night, before bed, I charged it to 100% and I woke up in the middle of the night the watch was dead while not doing anything other than sleeping.

Things I've done to troubleshoot.

-Restarted multiple times.

-Factory reset

-Restarted Phone.

I've read several threads about this issue and have not come across a solution, not have I seen anyone who is suffering battery drain at the rate I'm experiencing it.

Any solutions? Something I missed?
please help

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

I had the same trouble last night. 85% when I went to bed, less than 8 hrs later, its at 0. This is a new Fitbit, less than 6 months old.

Best Answer

Same here. Second time this has happened to me. The first time was fixed by factory reset and set up from scratch again. But i dont want to have to do that every time. 
this is already a replacement ionic as the sensor on the first one broke. Both less than 6 months old 🙁

Best Answer
0 Votes

Oh!Did you tried to contact them? Because it's only 6 month come on somthing is wrong with device.

Mine is almost 3 years now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow so weird only 6 month that too early to have any problem with your watch, try to contact them if it still in the warranty I think they will send you a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yesterday my watch was 100% charge after 4 hours went dead 0% charge and I don't like that. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try a different clock face - to rule out an issue there.

Unpair from you phone and leave unpaired to test and rule out an issue there as well.

Best Answer

I'm with you! Ever since I changed the clock face to the new spo2 my battery went from charging from every 2 days to now dead after 1 hour! I have done everything you have including changing clock face back to original.  Nothing has helped.  😡😫

And I signed up to be monitored for afib and sleep. Haven't got it to work for a week now. Ugh.  This is my 3rd Fitbit! Hope we can get it resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks Paul I will try to unpair it but I did change my clock face twice and its the same. 🤔

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is awful, I hope they can fix it soon.

I open a case with fitbit support and I am waiting for them to communicate with my in 7 working days

Best Answer
0 Votes

20201025_141201[1].jpg20201025_142121[1].jpg20201025_143116[1].jpgSame with me, have been with Fitbit since 2014, I will not buy another one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same battery issue... It was at 8% put on charger right after I hooked it up it jumped to 70%...and my heart rate monitor isn't working at all... Not sure what's happening. And this has been going on about 2wks...my watch is about 2yrs old... No clue what's going on. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Wow your is worth more than mine, that make me so sad I love Fitbit so much I used it since the first fitbit the small device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try to factory reset it maybe it will work perfectly again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried your advice yesterday and I unpaired it and nothing happened I am so sad because I can't use it properly anymore everytime before I start my lesmills working in the morning I need to make sure my watch is at least 90% charge so it last with me for the 3 hours workout.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my 2nd Ionic in less than 3 years. This one is only 13 months, old - just out of warranty.The offered to sell me a 3rd Ionic at a 35% discount. I'm just about done with Fitbit if they don't stand behind this product better than that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. My 2nd Ionic. Undependable.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What an amazing customer support and customer service. I chatted with them then they opened a case for me and they send me a new ionic watch it shipped and arrived in 5 days. I was so happy and surprised about how fast they  responded to me and solved my problem. Thank you #Fitbit and #Fitbit support.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Congrats Noon. You must have found the right customer service rep. Ive currently had a case open with Fitbit for two weeks, ive never emailed the same person twice, and ive just been told that basically they cant find anything wrong with my watch so thats all. Not really too happy to be honest. With a watch that is less than a year old I expected more 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, I have the same issue. App. 10 days ago same issue appears. Hope, that some solution will come soon. 

Best Answer