Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic losing GPS connection during activity

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Ionic for a couple of weeks and have completed two runs so far.  Before I started each run I made sure the GPS status said "connected".  At some point during each run GPS lost connection and switched to "connecting" on the run activity screen.  During my second run I noticed this happened about 44 minutes into the run.  I ran another 14 minutes to finish and during that entire time the GPS status never said "connected" again.  By the way my Ionic has the latest FW, OS2.1.

I see lots of threads about GPS never connecting but I haven't seen this issue yet.  

Best Answer
89 REPLIES 89

Return it before it’s too late.

Best Answer

I did a factory reset on mine and today my 13 km run was perfectly fine. Fingers crossed it's gonna be ok for all my runs:-)

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi 

I run about twenty miles a week.

Purchased a Fitbit Ionic watch to 

track my distance pace and heart rate  

The watch loses GPS signal half into my run.

Before my Ionic i had a Garman Foreman 235 

that NEVER LOST GPS during a run.

Very unhappy with Fitbit IONIC.

Best Answer
0 Votes

As I understood, all the Ionic watches have that issue. It's a production mistake and Fitbit have done nothing about that. They don't confess to making faulty units and keep selling them. They replaced mine with a new one and the second unit just stopped turning on. And they told me, sorry, it's not under warranty. What? Are you kidding? How come, you sold me the faulty unit (the first Ionic unit), then replaced it with another faulty one. They just took my money and gave me nothing for them. It's outrageous. Their products is of very poor quality. Their support service is unprofessional. I ask a question about the Fitbit blaze, they reply me with the information on Charge 2. Come on, read your emails carefully, guys. Awful products, awful service. My Garmin watch is excellent, Fitbit things are just cheap faulty items. I will never buy them again. Very frustrated.

Best Answer

Thanks for the reply

Wasted my money on the Fitbit Ionic.

Fitbit should make good on this but we

know that will never happen.

Well one good thing came out of this

we hopefully saved someone from 

making the same mistake we did.

Back to a real running watch GARMAN

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm wondering why they are still selling those Ionic watches, they all have that issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yep I posted on this problem a little over a year ago. I finally gave up and bought the Apple Watch. I works great for swimming biking and running. Now I just use it for steps with Fitbit community competitions.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi
They are still selling the ionic knowing that they still have an issue.
Fitbit should compensate everyone that bought the ionic.
But that will never happen.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes
Hello Roadrunner
Does the Apple Watch display GPS when you are in run mode on the watch.
Bet it doesn’t lose GPS like the ionic

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes it does. Also: Average mile pace. Current mile pace Total time.  You choose the color of each. You can do lap time by the "+" add button on another screen just by swiping. Down fall is that the numbers are small compared to Fitbit's because they are all on one screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes