Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic losing connection to phone constantly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So I have a very short time frame of experience with the Ionic - 24 hours.  It has been a painful time with the Ionic not staying connected to my phone (Pixel XL running 8.0).  But during the past 24 hours I have had to restart or repair the ionic numerous times in order to get the watch to sync only to have it stop syncing within an hour or so.  I have reached out to support a couple of times and each time they have given me steps to get it connected - BUT that is not sustainable to do daily.

I cannot be the only one with this problem.  A quick search showed some steps to fix it which only work less than half of the time. 

I am trying to figure out at this time if it is software or hardware problems.....  I really like the watch and want to get mine working with no problems.  I had been using a One and there was never any issues with sync or connections to my phone.

Honestly not sure what I am expecting to get from this post - maybe someone else had the same issues that they fixed?

Best Answer
123 REPLIES 123

Not sure what to suggest to you Pixel 1 owners since I seem to be back to working, may be different issues, similar results. For example, I have re-enabled "all-day sync" and it seems to be still be fully working: Trusted Device, notifications, and I've been opening the app to see it's last sync time, and they've been at times I definitely didn't manually sync. The only feature I seem to be unable to use still is "always connected." Which I'm okay with if it seems to stay connected.

Maybe helpful if you've not done yourself, but I definitely went through a hardcore reset process prior to all of this:

• Removed Ionic from my Fitbit profile
  • Factory reset my Ionic from the Ionic settings menu
  • Removed Ionic from my Android Bluetooth system settings menu
  • Uninstalled Fitbit app

I essentially started from square one. GL.

Best Answer

Yea these steps are something I end up doing quite a bit.  lots of fun......

Best Answer

I have found that taking the credit card off helps. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same issue. I have Google Pixel 2 XL. The watch is good but looks like i will start to hate it cause of synching issues. FITBIT do you read this? If so fix it. 

Best Answer

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem. The whatch can't get synchronized properly with my Huawei mobile. It is very uncomfortable and unconvinient considering the price spent for buying it. The troubleshooting done is the one in the manual and it doesn't work. I'm Mr i spent 350 euros for a **ahem** fitbit useless device. I previously used the surge model and I found it incredibly efficient. The ionic is not a reliable product at this point in time. 

Best Answer

@SunsetRunner wrote:

Hello, I'm experiencing the same problem. The whatch can't get synchronized properly with my Huawei mobile. It is very uncomfortable and unconvinient considering the price spent for buying it. The troubleshooting done is the one in the manual and it doesn't work. I'm Mr i spent 350 euros for a **ahem** fitbit useless device. I previously used the surge model and I found it incredibly efficient. The ionic is not a reliable product at this point in time. 

This is a community forum, we aren't going to be rushing to get the manual out to see what you did.

So what troubleshooting have you actually done? Have you read any suggestions and done any of the suggestions in this thread?

Best Answer
Man is this an automatic answer or you just ignored what I wrote? I
followed the instructions on the manual for troubleshooting and it doesn't
work at all. I'd like to receive a better treatment rather than wasting my
time writing to an answer machine.
Best Answer

I’m constantly losing sync as well.  I’m thinking my problem exists after swimming.  I’m not 100% sure if swimming is creating the problem.

Best Answer

constantly having to restart ionic and phone to get it to sync.  HTCU11 with oreo.  Sometimes works great...then all of a sudden it stops syncing. This issue is the most frustrating part of an otherwise great device.

Best Answer

I have been experiencing the connection issues since day 1 this is going on 2 months now i have done it all even got the ionic replaced and still no change weather its in wifi or data and im using the lg g6 the clock faces im lucky if it will change finally within 4 days of having connection issues apps same issue take days to actually install definitely not worth the 400 dollars 

Best Answer

Tonight same thing. Never had this issue. And the processor blows. Been a fitbit advocator long time because it offers things I need that apple watch won't. Sleep and real stats and logging food. Apple sucks on that. All 3rd party apps. At this point I'm really thinking of asking fitbit for a refund or sell this junk on eBay or something. Sad and disappointed. # get your act together fitbit 

Best Answer

I am having the exact same issue. Any fix to that? 

Best Answer

I am having the same exact issue with my Bluetooth connect where it won’t stay connected. It flash between connected and disconnected. 

Best Answer

For the people who keep having this problem, try this workaround.

It is NOT a solution, but i never loose connection longer then a minute or 2 with this workaround.

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Ionic/Workaround-for-problems-without-factory-reset/td-p/2471279

Phone: Xiaomi Mi5 OS: Android 7.1/Lineage 14.1
Watch: Ionic
Previous watches:Pebble, Pebble Time, Samsung Gear Fit2
Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted from Bluetooth iphone and reboot ionic. Still not happy with the processor super slow 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted from Bluetooth iphone and reboot ionic. Still not happy with the processor super slow.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I deleted the ionic from my iPhone. Then reinstalled it again or reconnected it

Best Answer
0 Votes

iPhone 7 user, only able to connect watch to phone on 1:150 attempts, watch unable to connect to WiFi 90% of the time. Have spent 2 hrs on the phone with FitBit going through all work around and took 4 complete restarts with app deleted and new profile to even sync once. Unable to get alerts, change faces, use music, use app. Going to return this watch and try another one. Any hint of these issues and I will get a refund as it does not work as advertised. 

Best Answer

Feeling the same with Notsofits , my ionic disconnected every night. when i wokeup in morning i cannot see the sleep result unless i do unpair and re setup new device over and over again. have done this for four consecutive days. tonight i guess ionic will disconnect again. Huawei mate 9 , android 8.0 , fw version 27.31.1.29.

by the way, re setting up is unstable , some time it success , many times it unsuccess , for example , just after input 4 digits , the ionic keeping ask retrying.

Best Answer
0 Votes
The worse part of the story is that the company is not even replying at the
complaints , the impression they are giving to me is that they put on the
market an unreliable product and never the less they don't give a rats **ahem**
about about taking care of the customers.
Best Answer
0 Votes