Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic losing time and not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The most frustrating pc of tech I have ever owned. I have tries restarting phone/bluetooth/watch...deleting ionic and adding again! I just haven't got the time in the day to do anything else!! 

Best Answer
14 REPLIES 14

A warm welcome to the Community @Steve1974! Thank you for the troubleshooting that you've tried. If your Ionic isn't syncing, this might be the reason why it doesn't have the correct timezone. 

I would like you to confirm that you've followed this syncing procedure step by step. 

Hope this helps. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue, it is not syncing with my iPhone.  It started to have problems after the latest upgrade to the Fitbit IOS 27.33.1.30.  I have tried all the recommended sync solutions and still not working.  The Fitbit Ionic does not appear as a device to sync in the Bluetooth list on the iPhone.

Best Answer
I have removed the ionic and reset the watch to factory settings. This seems to have worked now.

Thanks!

Steve

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

I was having the same issue, however, I uninstalled the app, and factory re-set. Now 

the tracker will not power up. pls. help. 

there was plenty of charge. Still s/b

Best Answer

Not sure on that one I'm afraid. Maybe just keep trying to reset. Sorry!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My ionic started having the same issues about 2-3 weeks ago. I called customer support and went through all the trouble shooting they suggested. As a last resort I was told to do a factory reset. After that it worked for 10 days before it stopped syncing. I also uninstalled the app and did another factory reset. Now my Fitbit won’t even power up and it was at almost full battery. Their only solution was to offer me a 25% off coupon for another watch that may possibly have the same issue. There are a lot of us in the same boat. Fitbit does not stand behind their products. They need to do a recall for an obvious defective product. 

Best Answer
No worries. Fit Bit is replacing it. Thank you for the reply
Best Answer
0 Votes

You are lucky. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I am starting to believe that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Steven25! Thank you so much for mentioning that you have an iPhone and using the latest version of the Fitbit app. I also appreciate the troubleshooting that you've mentioned. 

Since, your Ionic isn't paired to your account anymore. I would like you to follow the set up process again. (Remember to set it up as a replacement device) 

Thank you for sharing your experience with our Support team @michaelj175 and @JasmineTG. Each case is reviewed individually and the solution that's provided is always based on the Fitbit Warranty

Hope this helps. I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My Ionic started counting less steps than normal a little over a month ago.  Just last week, I noticed that the time was not correct.  The time loses over a period of time and is not a "timezone" issue.  This morning(6:02 a.m.) after syncing at 9:49 p.m., it was 1 hr 38 min off.  I've tried up to and including,resetting to factory defaults, deleting and resetting through the app.  I purchased the product 1 yr and 8 mos ago and now I can't trust it to do the 2 things I need the watch to do.  Is there anything Fitbit can do to help me?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community @Regg50. Thanks for the details mentioned. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

I appreciate the troubleshooting tried. Since, you've tried restarting it and performing a factory reset but it's still not working, I've shared your post with our Support team, they will continue assisting you and providing you with options. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue. Lost time and not syncing with my phone. Started a few days ago. Very frustrating

Best Answer

@Happiness526 Welcome to the Community. Sorry for the delayed reply. 

Thanks for the details mentioned. I appreciate you mentioned how this situation made you feel. 

The reason why your Ionic lost the timezone might be due to not syncing to your phone. I would like you to try this syncing troubleshooting

Keep me posted. I'll be around if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes