Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic lost all miles after 10 hour battery shutdown

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Is there a way to get this tracking back? After charged? I was tracking a Grand Canyon R2R Hike. When battery was low it just shut off and current data was lost .

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@DougMunicycle wrote:

Is there a way to get this tracking back? After charged? I was tracking a Grand Canyon R2R Hike. When battery was low it just shut off and current data was lost .

I think next time make sure you are charged. At the very least perform a sync before the watch shuts down, or shutdown the watch until you are next to your cellphone for a sync.

It would be nice if it could save the data to storage in these scenarios. I wonder if a music file is transferred it gets lost after battery runs out?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Will it sync activity data to the phone if in the wilderness and the cell phone has no internet?

My own experience makes me doubt it, but I'd hope it can.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@dermbrian wrote:

Will it sync activity data to the phone if in the wilderness and the cell phone has no internet?

My own experience makes me doubt it, but I'd hope it can.

No. It syncs with the Fitbit website, the phone is simply a method of communication. No phone signal = no communication = no sync.

Mike | London, UK

Blaze, Surge, Charge 2, Charge, Flex 2 - iPad Air 2, Nokia Lumia 925 (Deceased), iPhone 6

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, seems like an easy update, at 5% it could easily just auto-save to the same storage the music stores on. Then I wouldn’t be as angry I lost 26 mile Hike.

when it is in exercise mode I do not think u can change screens to see what kind of battery life is left.  I had minimal cell coverage at the Grand Canyon. 

Fit programmers please fix!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

wrote:

Yes, seems like an easy update, at 5% it could easily just auto-save to the same storage the music stores on. Then I wouldn’t be as angry I lost 26 mile Hike.

when it is in exercise mode I do not think u can change screens to see what kind of battery life is left.  I had minimal cell coverage at the Grand Canyon. 

Fit programmers please fix!!

My Ionic lost exercise data when the battery was more than 50%. It simply stopped recording a swim about an hour in. I contacted Fitbit support about recovering the data, but never heard back about it.

Just out of interest, how long did the battery of your Ionic last with the GPS on? I'm running a 90km ultra-marathon in June.

Fenix 5 Plus. Previously Ionic and Surge. Google Pixels 3 and 5. Aria. Chromebook. Deezer and Audible.
Best Answer
0 Votes