Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic music app improvements

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Love my Ionic so far but there are two things that would immediately improve the music app:

First, the shuffle function:  what every other app does is shuffle the entire playlist and then play each song in shuffled order and start over.  This one seems to just randomize them, meaning that I could hear the same song twice in a row, or within only a couple of songs since the last play (as happened yesterday).  So it’s a randomize and not a shuffle.

Second, if I want to hear a playlist on shuffle, I’d like to just hit Shuffle and have it pick the first song at random.  As it is, I have to pick the first song and then tell it to shuffle the rest.  Easy fix, just add a button.

Only other comment is that it would be nice to be able to start the music after I’ve started a workout.  There doesn’t seem to be a way to do that without ending the workout, starting the music, and then starting a new workout.  This may not be easily fixable but it would be really neat.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@JDubbaYo Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for sharing your suggestions about improvement you would like to see for Fitbit's music feature. 

Your ideas are very good. The best place to post this is in the Feature Suggestions Board. That way users can vote for the ideas to support them. The more votes, the better. I was making some research there and was able to find a couple of similar ideas:

Please review the suggestions and add your vote and any comment to them. If the ideas doesn't really reflect what you are asking for, please create a new original idea and share it on this thread.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@JDubbaYo,

With the latest firmware update, you can start the music after you've started a workout:

1. Press and hold the left button.
  2. Swipe to the right to access music controls.
  3. Do as you will.

I hope this helps.

Frank | Washington, USA

Fitbit One, Ionic, Charge 2, Alta HR, Blaze, Surge, Flex, Flex 2, Zip, Ultra, Flyer, Aria, Aria 2 - Windows 10, Windows Phone

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Doesn't appear to work that way on my watch.  I can get to the music controls as you describe, but cannot start play after a workout is in progress; that function is only available from the music app, and the only way I can get to the music app is to end the workout.  My firmware version is 32.4.19, and there is no firmware update button in my phone app, so I assume it's current, but I can't seem to find a way to verify that anywhere.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
0 Votes