Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic music cutting out every second

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have loaded up some music to my Ionic and connected my Jabra Sport + headset. When I try to play music it plays for around one second and then cuts out for around one second, repeatedly. This is not a problem of it being on the wrong wrist, as it does it with the Ionic held up close to the headset as well. I tried resetting the Ionic, I tried turning off Bluetooth on my phone, I tried pausing and restarting the music. My main use case for buying the Ionic was to run without my phone and still have GPS and music. If this is not going to work then what I have is an ugly, expensive, bracelet. Help!

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@sysengineer wrote:

I have loaded up some music to my Ionic and connected my Jabra Sport + headset. When I try to play music it plays for around one second and then cuts out for around one second, repeatedly. This is not a problem of it being on the wrong wrist, as it does it with the Ionic held up close to the headset as well. I tried resetting the Ionic, I tried turning off Bluetooth on my phone, I tried pausing and restarting the music. My main use case for buying the Ionic was to run without my phone and still have GPS and music. If this is not going to work then what I have is an ugly, expensive, bracelet. Help!

Yeah cutting out like that would not be tolerable.  Many report that the BT is not that compatible nor strong.  But can say it does work using the Jabra Elite Active earbuds with some loss of functionality.  So is luck of the draw unfortunately.

If willing to take a risk you can try a full factory reset.  Plus do a reset on your headset if possible.  That just might get it to stop cutting out.

Alternatively you can try different headsets to see if all BT headsets have that problem.  If so your Ionic might be defective so would contact Tech Support.

Personally would have no real use for my Ionic if it could not track GPS and play my tunes.  Since it does -> it serves my purpose.

Vote if this helps you at all and Vote if this is a solution to your issue [Current Leader in Ionic Forum with 15 Solutions + Thumbs Up 92]
Really there is no need to suffer in Frustration - simply call Tech Support at 877-623-4997 and get your Ionic replaced right now while you can
Many have followed this straightforward advice and now have a replacement Ionic - we all should have “zero tolerance” for any defective Ionic

Best Answer
0 Votes