Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic no longer pairs with earbuds

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Looking for a little help here. I've read a lot of forums but nothing seems to solve my issue. I'm using Photive PH-BTE70 ear buds which I've had for a couple years now and use almost daily. No issues pairing with my phone or iPad, and have paired with my IONIC before, but will no longer connect. I've shut everything down and restarted everything already. When I try to pair with the IONIC, the ear buds are found instantly and says it's pairing, but just spins and never connects. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@SilviaFitbit Just letting you know of the outcome. Long story short... My ionic was acting up this week and eventually stopped working. Yesterday fitbit mailed a replacement which arrived today, and after setting it up, my ear buds paired with no issues. So maybe it just had something to do with my original ionic as it was obviously damaged internally somehow. Anyways, ALL IS GOOD NOW!  🙂  

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

A warm welcome to the Community @SunsetRunner! Thanks for the troubleshooting that you've tried. 

Also, I appreciate the time that you took to do a little research on the forums and tried the troubleshooting that's mentioned in the posts. 

We’re aware of it and are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. We're sorry for any trouble. We appreciate your patience and look forward to getting you back on track.

Please let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you in the meantime.

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for the reply @SilviaFitbit . I did manage to try and pair a different pair of ear buds today, and they connected with no issues, however I'm still having issues with mine .

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back @SunsetRunner. Sorry for the delay in my reply. 

I appreciate that you tried with another earbuds. As mentioned before, our team is aware of it and they are working to identify a resolution as quickly as possible. 

Your patience and understanding is appreciated while this gets resolved. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit has there been any progress with this issue?  I've tried numerous headphones with no issues connecting and I've tried my ear buds with numerous devices with no issues connecting. It seems it's only my ear buds with my ionic which doesn't make much sense. Again, the ionic recognizes them but when pairing it just spins until I stop the process. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @SunsetRunner. Thanks for getting back. I appreciate that you've tried your ear buds with other devices. 

Currently, I don't have any updates about it. Fitbit is still working on it and identifying a resolution as quickly as possible. 

Your understanding and patience is appreciated. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

@SilviaFitbit Just letting you know of the outcome. Long story short... My ionic was acting up this week and eventually stopped working. Yesterday fitbit mailed a replacement which arrived today, and after setting it up, my ear buds paired with no issues. So maybe it just had something to do with my original ionic as it was obviously damaged internally somehow. Anyways, ALL IS GOOD NOW!  🙂  

Best Answer

Hey @SunsetRunner. Thanks for letting me know that you received a replacement Ionic. I'm glad to hear that you got it working with your ear buds. 

I'll be around if you need further assistance. Robot Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes