Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic no longer syncs to Samsung S7, no longer connects to computer app either.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a fitbit ionic. A gift from my loving husband. 4 days ago it turned into a useless piece of hardware that I carry strapped around my wrist for no good reason.

I have a samsung S7. I have the latest version of the fitbit app installed. I also have the latest version of the fitbit computer app in my windows 10 machine.

Any attempts at syncinc to the phone fail. No explanation, just exclamation mark. Any attempts at connecting in the computer tell me bluetooth is off. It is not. I have checked and made sure.

Not sure what to do. I cannot update my firmware since I can't connect the stupid thing to anything.

I am not hopeful that I will get any help, since fitbit costumer service seems non-existent if I am to judge from other forum posts. If anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate them. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

By the way... these "fixes" are the only things customer service reps have given me:

- Setting up the Ionic as a new device: http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1873#replace.
- Do a factory reset: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2216

They "work" ONCE. My ionic went right back to being unable to sync.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had so many problems with this Ionic, I am tremendously frustrated. The ionic was a gift from my husband for Xmas. It's never been able to consistently sync. It has a lot of issues. I'd say more than half my sync attempts have failed in the 6 months I've had this device.

Now after one last factory reset, I am not able to download a firmware update, or sync, or connect the device to wifi. The device is basically useless.

Last time I contacted customer support all I got was the same canned response of having me reset everything back to factory, uninstall from phone, disengage bluetooth...I can't keep doing all of this just to get my device to function as it's supposed to! It's ridiculous.

Awful experience. I need help.

Best Answer
0 Votes