Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not charging or turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got an Ionic for Christmas. Has been fine. It went flat the other day. Put it on charge and now nothing it happening. Have tried using a computer to charge and different chargers but having no luck. I don’t want to go out and buy a new charging cable if there is a solution to the issue. I’ve cleaned out the charging points and can’t figure out what’s going on. Any ideas?

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

Just had this happen to my Ionic.  Completely dead

I followed the instructions for resetting the device and this cured the probelm

Many thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted Fitbit support. To make a long story short they sent me a mailing label to send mine back and am waiting for them to send me a new fitbit. 

Best Answer
Same here! Customer support was very friendly and helpful. Waiting to see what they send me back.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

This same exact thing has happened to me, I got my Ionic around when it first came out (maybe sometime in November) and it has worked great and I have worn it everyday and charged it as well. I went on a trip a few weeks ago and I brought my Ionic with me but I forgot my charger. So when my Ionic went dead I just put it in a safe place until I got home. I got home and I tried charging my Ionic and it is unresponsive. I tried using different chargers and different ports on my computer and different outlets.Still nothing. I hope that there is some way that I am able to fix this because this Fitbit was very expensive. Any advice? I am out of ideas. Should I try getting a new charger?

Best Answer

I was able to talk to fitbit support on the phone. We tried troubleshooting to no avail. Fitbit's customer service was great!  They provided me with a return shipping label and I am awaiting a  replacement unit. Give them a call....sounds like the exact same problem I had.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I agree with Tracie06. Don't buy another charger  It won't work. Contact customer service  I did the live chat. Had to send mine to them. My replacement should be here tomorrow. Hope it lasts longer  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have the same issue

Best Answer
0 Votes

please send me the instructions on how to restart not just links to where I can try and find the instructions

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem as others in this topic.  IONIC "turned off" whilst on wrist.  Totally dead, won't charge, won't reset, no lights when trying to reset.  Had a computer chat with a support guy last week - he said he would get a higher level support person to email me as it appeared to be 'a problem'  Haven't had anything as yet.  Anyone have a UK/European support number for them - it needs replacing.  One thing I had noticed since upgrade to V2 firmware.  Over night it had discharged to 12% battery (from around the mid 80's).  This happened a couple of times.  When it eventually turned off for good the support guy checked my last sync and said that the battery was reporting 12% at the time - it had been high 80's a couple of hours previously.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Do not touch this product.. I’ve a Garmin forerunner for years and never had a problem.. bought my son an iconic as that is what he wanted.. worked great for about 4 months and then died and would not charge.. worst part is trying to get Fitbit customer service to help!! 

Sent in a video of iconic not working as requested! Now loads more requests starting to come, including send watch back- rubbish 

Best Answer

I went thru all that. Waited 2 1/2 weeks to get it back. Still wouldn't charge  Ended up being the charging cable, which they told me not to send. At least it is working now. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have ‘tested’ the cable by checking that it is delivering 5v to the contacts. My Ionic is on it’s way back and a replacement should be sent very soon.

Phil
Sorry duplicate posting🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have ‘tested’ the cable by checking that it is delivering 5v to the contacts. My Ionic is on it’s way back and a replacement should be sent very soon.  I had started to notice ‘charging ‘ issues shortly after the V2 upgrade. The watch would occasionally report only 12% charge after being high 80 % just a few hours previously. This happened on the day it finally packed up. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have had no problems with Fitbit support or any of the multiple products I and my family have had. The Ionic worked well until this issue. It’s on it’s way back and it’s replacement will be here soon. In meantime I have dusted off an older Charge (with it’s cracked screen caused by an over enthusiastic meeting with a door!) and that continues to work well.

Phil
Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I've had exactly the same problem. I've been in touch with Fitbit 'support' for a week now. The service is atrocious. I've had to provide a short video of me plugging the useless watch in to a socket to demonstrate it doesn't charge. I wouldn't touch anything from this company again with a barge pole. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes, the video bit is a little puzzling at first!  I guess is to show that you have tried everything they asked so they don't get people sending products back for repair/replacement without going through the obvious things first. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought a Fitbit Ionic just 6 months ago and last week end the battery went off normally and I have tried to recharge without success : nothing appears on the screen , I pressed the left button as recommended in some of your post, ... so far nothing ?

what should I try now 

Best Answer
0 Votes

None of those worked for me either. I contacted Fitbit and eventually sent my Fitbit to them. Got it back and it still didn't charge. They sent a new cord and that FINALLY worked  Have no idea why the first cord went bad. 

Best Answer

Hi Smooth op

Try pressing and holding the two buttons on the right.  Hold for about 10 seconds.  

It seemed to reset the device for me

Best Answer

@SmoothOp @Sherylcat @Looietyke Welcome to the Fitbit family! Thanks for posting about the situation experienced with Ionic not charging. 

@Sherylcat @Looietyke Thanks for sharing the workarounds that helped you out with this!

@SmoothOp Please perform a restart on your watch first as previously recommended. This has helped other users in the past. Another thing you can try is cleaning the charging contacts as they may be dirty. Please check this helpful article for more details.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer