Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not charging or turning on

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Got an Ionic for Christmas. Has been fine. It went flat the other day. Put it on charge and now nothing it happening. Have tried using a computer to charge and different chargers but having no luck. I don’t want to go out and buy a new charging cable if there is a solution to the issue. I’ve cleaned out the charging points and can’t figure out what’s going on. Any ideas?

Best Answer
50 REPLIES 50

lost charger on vacation 5 days without charger home now will not charge. bought a new cable no luck

Best Answer
0 Votes

@den1 Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post the situation you are experiencing with Ionic not charging. I'm glad you got a new charging cable.

In this case, please try restarting your watch. That should help you out with this. Also, please check these tips for batteries that are not charging. This should also help you out getting this sorted.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! 

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer

Tried all the various recommendations, to restart the watch but nothing happening,

I charge for hours and then I have the fitbit logo and nothing else.

this is horrible experience 

After a while the battery get to 0% 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I bought about one year ago my fitbit Ionic and had horrible experience with it

This is really the worst device I ever owned

It won't charge, 

Tried all the recommendations from the different posts , none has been working.

Best Answer

Hi @SmoothOp

Try reading the troubleshooting article - click to see

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

not working, 

the watch will charge, then the logo of fitbit will appear and then I try to restart and everything disappears 

so bad quality 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Can someone explain to me what is going on, I have another friend who is facing the exact same issue and gave up 

Best Answer

I had the same issue with my first Ionic. After following the recommendations here I contacted Fitbit and they arranged a replacement unit. Not had a problem with it since and it works well. You can tell the quality of an organisation by its response to issues like this. They score highly from me. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is my 3rd ionic replacement in 12 months. All of a sudden my latest Fitbit is dead. No response. 

I tried using all the options shown, my earlier charging cables but no response'

Help please

Best Answer
0 Votes

Guys and gals,

I had the 'dead' issue with my Ionic today. Tried using a docking charger, wall mounted usb socket, various different plugs with a number of different fitbit Ionic chargers and finally my laptop.

Nothing was working. So....I tried the 'restart' fix. I must have tried this about half a dozen times following the process exactly. Nothing!!

Me being me logged in to my phone and noticed the last time it synced was the 20/04/19 at 8:30pm. 

This must have been when the battery died. Anyway, i decided to remove both straps to see if there was any hidden reset button. I put the straps back on, tried the reset fix once more and it worked!

My advice would be to try the reset fix after it has been on charge for an hour, whether there is sign of life on the fitbit or not. Take it off charge when trying it though.

Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This is so weird and these posts all had me so worried. The SAME thing happened with my ionic last night, I cleaned it and tried a few different outlets, nothing. I called today and after a 5 minute phone call with no hold time they’re sending me a new pebble and don’t want me to send the broken one back. They said to properly recycle it. 5-7 business days for the new one.

I wonder why there’s such a difference in how this is dealt with 😕 

Best Answer
0 Votes