Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not connecting to IPhone Bluetooth

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Had my Ionic before new firmware release. Had no issues with playing music from IPhone 6S Plus using Spotify on my phone via Bluetooth headphones . After release and updated could not get music to connect through Bluetooth. Here are steps I took and passing on in case someone else has same problem. 

1. I deleted my Ionic from from Fitbit account on IPhone app.

( I did not loose any past activity)

2. Reinstall the Ionic through your IPhone Fitbit app and wait for new firmware to install takes about 30 to 45 minutes.

3. Follow each step on you IPhone to setup wi-if and your phone will ask if you want to pair to your Bluetooth answer Yes. Make sure on your IPhone you have turned Bluetooth on in settings and the Ionic is listed (connected)

4. Once phone has completely finished installing and you completed all the steps your Ionic should come back to your Ionic home screen.

5. Press an hold the LEFT button on Ionic  you will see Screen Wake and Notifications “Make sure you SWIPE right on the watch face to get to your selection to use your Phone or Watch” to use music controls. Select Phone and now your Ionic should be ready to listen to Spotify through your Bluetooth Headphones.

Hope this helps:)

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

@Sheebo1 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thank you so much for sharing this interesting workaround to get to listen to Spotify through Bluetooth Headphones. Also, thanks for updating Ionic to its latest OS version.

I'm sure a lot of users will find this workaround to be very helpful. Keen to hear if any other users had success by doing this?

Also, note that Deezer is now available for Ionic if you would like add playlists to your watch. You should give it a try! Check this article for more details on this. 

Thanks again for sharing your experience. See you around! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes