Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ionic not downloading music

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've had my Ionic since December, but it's my 4th Fitbit. I'm a longtime customer and fan of the platform. The biggest reason I bought this particular model is the ability to store music on it so I don't have to carry a phone when I walk. In this respect it has been horrible. I'm utterly frustrated and about to switch to an Apple watch if I can't get this taken care of.

I was able to get a playlist on it right after I bought it, several months ago. Since then I have yet to add more music because every time I try, the Connect app on my Macbook tells me I can't because I haven't synced a device to my account. Except I have done this many, MANY times, along with the following:

•  Removing and re-adding my device to my account
  • Doing a hard restart of my Ionic
  • Returning the Ionic to factory settings and re-adding to my account
  • Verified that my Ionic is connected to Wifi and on the same Wifi as my computer and phone
  • Successfully syncing my Ionic to my phone app, then attempting to add music
  • Making sure my Ionic has at least 25% battery and is plugged in and charging when I try to add music
  • Making sure I've enabled Itunes to share playlists

And everything else I've thought of to try during my months of trying to get this to work. To add insult to injury, when I try to listen to my lone playlist while working out, the Bluetooth connection to my Fitbit Flyer earbuds is awful and stops every few seconds. What else can I try to get this working? 

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 REPLY 1

@austingirl23 A warm welcome to the Community. Thank you so much for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. 

I appreciate that you mentioned you've been a longtime customer and you're a fan of the platform. Since you've double checked that all your settings are properly set but it's still not working, I've shared your post with our Support team and they will continue assisting you. 

Regarding the issue you're experiencing with Flyer and Ionic, please try the troubleshooting in this article: Why isn't Flyer connecting to my device?

I'll be around if you need further assistance. 

Want to get more active? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes